Got Caught for DWI? We'll Get You Out of Jail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by protege View Post
    That's the problem I have with those ads as well. They'll ignore the fact that the driver was bombed out of their mind.
    That or doing something stupid. We had something similar happen where I work a few years back. Young kid driving _way_ over the speed limit in the rain. Road curves and there are signs warning you to slow down. He skids out, hits a tree about 15-inches (38cm) in diameter and completely takes it out. Car flips and another kid in the back seat (not buckled up despite the law requiring it) dies. Kid's dad hires an ex-cop who's now a private investigator to get the kid off. Unfortunately I never heard the outcome as the kid was under 18 but I'm willing to bet he didn't get punished nearly as severly as he should have been...

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
      My "gut feeling" on this is that what people find objectionable is the tone these ads take, implying that the lawyers in question will defend someone who HAS ADMITTED TO THEM that they have committed the offense. There's a BIG difference between defending someone who believes they were falsely charged, and defending someone who comes in saying "I did it - get me off".
      There's not. There are differences in what kind of defense they can use, but guilty and innocent alike need defending.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Oh yes, the excuses. I love those.

My ex was trying to blame the "handling" of the Honda CRV he was driving when he was drunk and smashed into a tree. I'm amazed with the gall that this guy and his enabling family has, that he didn't blame the tree itself for being there!

Apparently, if that car handling the way it was "supposed to", you could drive as drunk as you wanted and you should never miss a curve and swerve off and hit a tree!

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
          Oh yes, the excuses. I love those.

I'm amazed with the gall that this guy and his enabling family has, that he didn't blame the tree itself for being there!
          "What happened was that I was driving down the road when this huge tree jumped out in front of me and caused me to wreck. Then it disappeared into the woods."
          Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
            Wait, is DUI a felony? I thought it was a misdemeanor.
            It depends on your individual state laws and statues.

here in my state the first 2 or 3 DUIs are NOW considered misdemeanors. It used to be 5 or 6 before the next one became a felony.

Originally posted by catcul View Post
            "What happened was that I was driving down the road when this huge tree jumped out in front of me and caused me to wreck. Then it disappeared into the woods."
            But what about the 20 road flares and a broken A-Frame???
            I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
            The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
              Wait, is DUI a felony? I thought it was a misdemeanor.
              Here in NC, if you're on your third offense, you could lose your driver's license forever.
              Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

I think it depends in state and on the level of intoxication if a DUI is classed as misdemeanor or felony.

Comment

Working...
                X