Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Game Design

Grrr...

Kabe just bought me Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate for my 3DS. I've enjoyed the current Batman franchise (granted, I still haven't finished City and I just bought Origins in the past couple of days--yay Steam sale), so he and I both figured that this would be an excellent game.

Dear Lord, I've come close to breaking my DS.

While the story is good, and the artwork is neat, the actual gameplay on the DS is clunky as hell. Primary problem? To do a dodge roll, you have to press over on the circle pad and double tap B. Wanna guess how many times that doesn't work?

Oh, and apparently, for a linearly designed game, it's just open enough for me to have missed a necessary exit that would allow me re-access to a part of the building I need to be in. I now have no way to get to Black Mask...yet I've already defeated Joker and Penguin.

Next play through I'm sitting with a walkthrough open on my phone.
    I has a blog!

I just got Origins for the XBOX360. I'm glad I waited for it to drop to $30 before I bought it. It just doesn't feel any different than the past games. Not exactly the same control issues you're having, but more often than not, the camera angle changes mid-move, so I screw up a dodge. It gets frustrating.
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Working...
    X