Ignorant Homophobic Remarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LewisLegion View Post
    'Ok, say it IS a choice. Say it is one hundred percent a choice. Why is that justification to treat us like second class citizens or deny us the right to marry the of-age fully consenting person we love? Why, if it IS a choice, is the choice YOU made the right one and ours the wrong, if no one is being harmed?'

Usually makes them think.
    Two alternative responses I have used, depending on how much of a smart ass I am
    "Okay, so let's say that it is 100% a choice... tell me about when you chose to be straight."
    or
    "Well, let's say you are right that it is a choice... so is which church you go to. I don't agree with your church, but I can respect you and your choice in going there, why can't you show the same courtesy?"

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post

Or that they carry HIV/AIDS or similar.
    Oh yeah... I was greatly surprised when I was informed by someone other than my doctor that I had AIDS... a diagnoses that I have yet to have an actual doctor verify... but the guy with a sign on the corner yelling at me has a direct line of conversation with God, and God is never wrong
    "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
      but the guy with a sign on the corner yelling at me has a direct line of conversation with God, and God is never wrong
      That guy on the corner? His god died nailed to a piece of wood. My god (Thor) carries a hammer. Any questions?

Comment

As a morally acceptable straight man, I think homosexual men are all depraved sexual deviants unfit to walk openly in polite society, especially around children.

On a completely unrelated note, anyone have an extra coupon code for the Bad Dragon Dildo website? The redhead little person I had over last week ripped mine when she fell out of the saddle because it slipped down my back from all the lube left over from playing "Signmaker slip-n-slide cowboy ride". It tore when it snagged on the spiked chains bolted to the wall, and I had no idea it happened until I heard her shouting the safeword through the ball gag. Their warranty department says they wont cover it because it wasnt damaged during normal use. I dont understand how it doesnt count as "normal". Not like I was with another guy.

Comment

Somewhat related...

One of my friends is an annoying Born-Again Christian. His usual rant is that gays are immoral, evil people, who are trying to take over the US. But, when the Boy Scouts decided to let gays (and others) in...he lost it. Apparently, since that happened, the BSA is consisted of child molesters--both leaders and kids. Never mind that...

1. There have always been gays and atheists in Scouting. They weren't as visible, because they were smart enough to keep their mouths shut.

2. Child molestation by scout leaders is *not* a new thing. It's rare, but it has been going on long before this.

At least I can press the guy's buttons a bit. One of his strongly-held beliefs, is that God created everything. Well, if that's true, He must have created gays as well. Also, if he did that, another common belief (and one that's in the Bible) is that humans must have been created in His own image. If that's true as well, does that mean that God is a bit gay himself? Nothing like using his own logic against him

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
            Also, if he did that, another common belief (and one that's in the Bible) is that humans must have been created in His own image. If that's true as well, does that mean that God is a bit gay himself? Nothing like using his own logic against him
            If you really want to destroy his mind, ask him if God is a pedophile... >_>
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
              but the guy with a sign on the corner yelling at me has a direct line of conversation with God, and God is never wrong
              Well he's probably just a superhero in disguise. Does he have red hair?

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post

At least I can press the guy's buttons a bit. One of his strongly-held beliefs, is that God created everything. Well, if that's true, He must have created gays as well. Also, if he did that, another common belief (and one that's in the Bible) is that humans must have been created in His own image. If that's true as well, does that mean that God is a bit gay himself? Nothing like using his own logic against him
                If he is a Biblical literalist it is very easy to blow his mind... there is a section in Leviticus (I don't remember which, I'll have to look it up and add it) that describes an appropriate sacrifice.
                Some of the requirements are that:
                1. The offering must be pure and unblemished in any way, including physical injury. eta- Leviticus 22:20-22.
                2. The offering must be willingly made.
                3. No part of the offering may then later be consumed.
                So, looking at these requirements, Jesus was beaten before being sentenced to death, so he was injured and therefore impure for an offering. As was just mentioned, he was sentenced to death, he did not completely willingly give his life (though this is one that isn't as solid, it could be argued that while he was condemned, he did not fight against it). Also, we to this day consume the blood and body of Christ in communion. Therefore, under Biblical literalism, Jesus was not an acceptable sacrifice and would not have been accepted as offering for our sins.
                Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 01-23-2014, 06:44 AM.
                "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Working...
                X