Petty, Obsessive People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petty, Obsessive People

This is a second hand story, but it's one that makes really angry for some reason.

Characters: T (OP), CL (Crazy Lady)

T has a delivery job. On his way to one of his deliveries, he bumps into CL's car. Fortunately, there is no damage, so no cops need to be called or anything, but she wants his information anyway. He hands it over and goes off on his merry way. But if it ended there, it wouldn't be much of a story.

This bitch calls his work place, EIGHT... FREAKING... TIMES... Each time she calls, it puts his job at jeopardy, but she continues harassing him. Let me reiterate, there was absolutely no damage on her car. Why does she need to talk to him RIGHT NOW?

She continued harassing him the rest of the day and then when he finally asks her what the hell she wants, what does she say? "It's okay now".

THEN WHY THE @#$% DID YOU KEEP CALLING YOU STUPID ASS!!!!!

I just... don't get these people. She had no reason to make a fuss, no reason to give a damn, but she felt slighted. I guess in her world, that made her justified in being a complete pain in everyone's ass; all with no consideration for how her jerkassery could affect others (fortunately it didn't but still).

It's just... GAH!!!!!

That reminds me of something that happened at this local burger place near my job, where I go for lunch sometimes. It's a small, family-owned and operated place, so it's not like they have to put up with crap from sucky customers.

I had already ordered, and I was off to the side waiting for my food to be done, when this pissed-off looking guy comes up to the counter with some kind of sandwich on a long sub roll, with a faint red stain at the end of it, wanting to know what it was. The guy at the counter told him it was salad dressing, and it must have dripped off of one of the other orders. He apologized and offered to remake his sandwich.

Now like you said, if that had been the end of it, it wouldn't have been much of a story. The customer apparently just wanted to bitch about it. He didn't want a new sandwich, and he didn't want his money back. No, he just wanted to stand there and rant about the "red shit" on his sandwich, and make a complete and total ass of himself in front of the other customers, and the restaurant employees. Eventually he stomped off, and as soon as he was gone, the rest of us started making fun of him.
    --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Working...
    X