"You are what is wrong with society"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You are what is wrong with society"

These stupid memes on facebook keeps popping up. It is essentially degrading people for knowing of some stupid celebrity but not knowing of someone else and saying that they are why society sucks.
    example:
    one of the guys from duck dynasty and some scientist.

Nevermind those who don't pay attention to science and their faces are stuffed of chia pets of that stupid show.

That's really a stupid comparison. I don't need to know the scientist(s) to know about science. It would be more sensible to understand, say, the basic principles of the Copenhagen Interpretation of quantum physics instead of being able to point out Planck, Bohr, Einstein and Heisenberg in a photo.

But it's quite natural to know actors, since they are put into the spotlight of public perception in their trade. Being seen and people recognizing you *is* what acting is all about.
    Last edited by Kelmon; 12-20-2013, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Those people are such a drag. Every is a goddamn competition for them.

I remember when Bill O'reilly was ragging on Harry Potter for similar reasons. I guess he was annoyed that J K Rowlings could make a best selling book by being imaginative and creating her own world; as opposed to spouting her overblown opinions and talking down to her audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
        Those people are such a drag. Every is a goddamn competition for them.

I remember when Bill O'reilly was ragging on Harry Potter for similar reasons. I guess he was annoyed that J K Rowlings could make a best selling book by being imaginative and creating her own world; as opposed to spouting her overblown opinions and talking down to her audience.
        You can't explain that.
        Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

Originally posted by catcul View Post
          You can't explain that.
          What, the regularity of the tidal cycle?
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
          X