Twits who can't move on after 2 years...or I am a chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twits who can't move on after 2 years...or I am a chicken

And this is round #2 involving THIS guy: http://www.fratching.com/showthread.php?t=7928

Since I didn't update last time, here's a quick "brought up to speed".

We emailed each other a few times, it delved into name-calling, I brought up his failure with the army...he didn't take too kindly to that and told me not to contact him again. He also blocked me on Facebook. Fine and dandy. This was August 2012. During that time, I upheld my end of the bargain: I made no attempt to contact him.

Then we forward to a YEAR later (2013) and out of curiousity, I searched for him and found his page. I didn't add him, upholding my end of the bargain. However, I did discover that he was still working at his job as a teachers aide for various schools.

Given that I was due to work at a school that he may be potentially working at, I decided to add him this year and see if he would respond or not. I sent him a friend request and left it at that. No messages, no words, no nothing. The response I got? Yeah....I chickened out . I couldn't even read it...I was scared that I'd get a negative response and get upset.

So here's what I wanted to say to him, even though he'll most likely never see it:

What happened between us last happened over a year ago now. If you cannot move on from that, then that is your fault, not mine. You are studying to be a teacher. Specifically a special ed teacher. Our paths will cross when we're both out in the field and there is nothing you can do to stop that. Are you going to quit your job because I'm around?

I moved on from you ages ago. I have (boyfriend's name) now and we are in a good, solid relationship. I am capable of having guy friends-Harvey Birdman (not my friend's actual name) is testament to that and you full well know it [him, Harvey and I went to school together]. If you still believe that there is any shred of romantic feelings there...then that's your problem not mine and you need to have "womanizer" played into your head on an infinite loop...specifically the verse about being a sucker, if you do not get the message.

I added you as a future colleague and for networking purposes only. It's the main reason in fact, why I've kept quite a number of high school contacts on Facebook, even if they were bitchy, gossiping or rude to me in the past. I've learned to move on from my past mistakes...and work on where I can improve. The fact that you unblocked me is saying that you moved on too. Clearly I was wrong.

I'd say just message him and then block him. This guy is not good for your mental health. Maybe don't even message him, you are not required to be his friend, you are not required to be anyone's friend. You don't owe him closure.

Comment

Working...
    X