No announcement yet.

why do you have a pet....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slight update-now that bf has announced that he and I CANNOT afford the house because we're expected to support 4 people, 4 cats, and two dogs because no one else works, she only lets the dogs out 2x a day because "we're getting rid of the house so it doesn't matter that it smells like a kennel"

Unfortunately for the two family freeloaders, while BF was willing to be a doormat, Katt is not, in no uncertain terms, we are getting a one bedroom and my well behaved, well cared for cats are the only things coming with us.

Apparently, his mother and sister seem to think he still owes them, when he paid half the bills since buying the house, paid for the repairs(new roof and siding), and all the bills since 2012.(his sister has never paid anything).

They can hate me, I don't care, I will not see another human treated badly because of "family". Family doesn't do that.

Though apparently the $300 worth of xmas and birthday presents($200 xmas, $100 bday) he bought me are, in their eyes, the reason he can't afford to pay out $2200/month on a $2400/month salary.

And she just tried blaming my cats that haven't left my room today for tearing open the trash bag, while her precious mutts(unsupervised, AGAIN) are dragging stuff out of the bag.
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
      I don't even want the love of a dog. Too needy.

I have lots of friends and family who have dogs and they're fine in short doses, but I'm far too self-involved to want to take care of anything more labor-intensive than cats.

Not unrelated; this is why I don't have and have never wanted kids.
      I love dogs, and wouldn't mind the effort, but I doubt I'm actually capable of it. So I won't get one until I'm sure I can. Instead of being like "D'aww, puppy!" And getting something that'll get all unhappy.
      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Working...
      X