NBC Olympic coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC Olympic coverage

Today, of course, was the opening ceremony to the Sochi Olympics. The ceremony occurred at 11am eastern time.

NBC, in its infinite wisdom, didn't stream it. No, we in America must all watch it at the same time!

The time slot began at 7:30 pm. 20 minutes later, we're still in the "countdown" to it. Why are we counting down NBC? It's already over and done with! Just play it!

Next Olympics, I'm going to figure out how to stream from BBC.
    I has a blog!

Don't forget they won't air any of the Olympics live. It's ALL going to be delayed. Because they certainly won't ruin huge events like the Phelps/Lochte race in the 2012 Summer Olympics, right? Right????
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Oh, of COURSE not. They're all professional newscasters.

On a side note, how many commercials do they have to play? I mean, I know we're in the Parade of Nations, but it feels... rude to keep interrupting it. Further, newscasters, please don't mention the fact not everybody wins even with the smaller nations. Even if you state win or lose isn't the important thing, it still sounds awful.
      I has a blog!

Comment

So... How many up close and personal bits have they done so far?
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

There was an interview with Obama, one in depth interview after that, and they talked briefly to three or four more athletes after that. I'll admit to mostly ignoring the "countdown" stuff.
          I has a blog!

Comment

I'm not even watching the Olympics this year. I can't support the Olympics being in a country that is anti-human rights.
            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Eh...I watch for the athletes. That's supposed to be the focus of the Olympics: the brotherhood of athletes.
              I has a blog!

Comment

I'm watching it to see how many athletes give subtle or not so subtle "fuck you's" to Russia.
                I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

I may watch some of the curling, just because it's so bizarre.
                  "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

NBC has videos on their site, but beware: they've also got results in the sidebar.
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                      NBC has videos on their site, but beware: they've also got results in the sidebar.
                      I'll admit, that's not something that bugs me with their coverage. I mean it's annoying when the build up drama for an event like the Phelps/Lochte race in 2012, but it more annoys me when I tune into an event I want to see and all they show is the American team. Even if they aren't performing yet.

It's like, damn it, I want to watch gymnastics/ice dancing/ski jumps/whatever, show me that, not somebody sitting around!
                      I has a blog!

Comment

I'm glad I live close enough to Canuckistan to get the CBC broadcast. Ron McClean wipes the walls with Bob Costas any day of the week. My only problem with the Canuckistan broadcast is that I don't understand Canadian.

Comment

In fairness if you're referring to Don Cherry, we don't understand him either. Try to focus on Ron. If If you stare at Don's outfit too long it will start to sap your life force and bolster his immortality.

The dude's 80 and frankly has looked the same my entire lifetime.

Comment

Damn it GK, ya beat me to it.

My personal favorite was the Vancouver women's Hockey. Cherry had said that the two genders should be kept separate in hockey. It's a statement I personally agree with. The guys would get KILLED.

(And yes, I'm at least half serious. The Canadian women's team in Vancouver could give any pack of NHL enforcers a run for their money if not make them run away in terror)
                            Last edited by lordlundar; 02-18-2014, 01:59 PM.

Comment

They also cut out some of the rewards ceremonies (mainly for the skaters). My mom was not happy about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X