Committees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Committees

Especially those run by petty nepotistic thunder c**ts and happily screw over groups and dissappoint the public with the management of their event.
    I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
    Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

For clarity's sake...

Nyoibo is part of a medieval re-enactment group (not the one "Nord" is a member of). Every year, around the start of winter, we have a medieval fair. This one actually attempts to be medieval unlike some fairs I've heard of which think "medieval"=Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit or Robin Hood.

Up until last year, Nyoibo's group (Group A) were among the regulars at said fair. That changed with the arrival of a "new" group (a mixture of two other groups, known as Group B). Group B appear to be "tight" with the organising committee for said fair and act as though they're entitled to be treated with more grandeur because they're "richer" and have the time and money to go out and do stuff to promote the fair.

Group A, along with several other groups, actually have to WORK for a living, and do not have the time or money to do certain things. Somehow Group A seem to always be rolling in it.

In addition to that, it appears that a member (or a few) from Group A was visibly drunk at the fair last year and while complaints were made, nothing was done about it. There is also the possibility that one of the drunk members from Group A also proceeded to visibly urinate in public.

There was also the issue with food and timing from last year, which was a HUGE change from previous years...previous years had things running smoothly. Last year had a 30-45 minute wait on the food (and while some of this can be justified by the need to "cook" the food, there were clearly too many patrons in that area period), a LONG wait for the toilets (forcing patrons to leave the area entirely in need of relief) and speeches running overtime.

Comment

Wait, was it members from Nyoibo's group or the other that got drunk? I think you switched letters, maybe.
      I has a blog!

Comment

Group B, she switched letters, we were uninvited to last years and so did not attend
        I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
        Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

I had to read the OP again, because my mind automatically filled in the censored word as "cats," which led to an interesting but not very informative picture of the problem
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
            I had to read the OP again, because my mind automatically filled in the censored word as "cats," which led to an interesting but not very informative picture of the problem
            honestly thunder c***s leaves to a very amusing picture too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
              Group B, she switched letters, we were uninvited to last years and so did not attend
              Oops. Thanks for clarifying!

Group A: Group that were uninvited to the fair for somewhat defamatory reasons.

Group B: Group that we suspect have been bribing the committee and are nothing but a bunch of drunk, sexist and abusive bigots who believe that money talks.

Comment

Fireheart can you update the post to fix the letters so it's a easier read?

Comment

Working...
                X