No announcement yet.

"You're just not trying hard enough"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed- which is why it is annoying when you are accused of laziness when it is actually issues concentrating. ( I am not talking about " oh, I'll do it later", I'm talking about making an attempt at the task and not being able to concentrate enough yo do it.)

Comment

Well it's more or less proven right now that mr lazy is just that. My mom came over for a visit and decided to be nice and talk to him. He's got one of those personalities where he's always correct even on stuff he knows nothing about. And he's also one of those that you have to actually hand him something to eat or he won't eat. Case in point this morning Mom offered him a orange. He just stared at it till she grabbed it, peeled it, and then set it back on the table. He finally then decided to eat the offered fruit.

She started driving him around to places, all these places he kept telling me he had been in contact with. He's so far come out with 9 applications and 1 interview so far. I honestly didn't think he needed his hand held like that to get anything done. I'm almost afraid that unless someone purposefully takes him to work he will never get there on time.

I really don't know WHAT to call this.

Comment

I would call it, "You will have a job in one month (or whatever length of time is reasonable for the economic situation in your area) or you are out."

I have zero sympathy for laziness.

Comment

You know what? Fuck it. I'm sick of people's useless advice and platitudes. I'm sick of being made to feel as if I'm not trying hard enough when things are already a constant struggle as they are. And I'm sick of the bullshit people say when I call them out on how ignorant they are ("Like oh that's not what that means" oh bullshit!).

I don't want to hear anymore bullshit "inspiration" stories about how someone who had everything going against them beat the odds and conquered everything in the end. Yeah, good for them, they beat the odds, but they are the exception not the norm. That's why it's such an amazing story, because it's something out of the ordinary. But to hold everyone to that standard is only going to lead to more disappointment for everyone involved. Not everyone is born a warrior, some will just live average lives and there is nothing wrong with that. To hold anyone up to such ridiculous standard is going to hurt about 95% of those who attempt such feats. It's why I want to punch out that arrogant bitch Amy Chua (the tiger mom), don't want anything to do with religion that demands total conformity, and am sick to death of hearing what a so called culture of "wimps" we have become (usually from social darwanian conservatives). They all hold us to high, unhealthy standards at the expense of anyone who has human faults.

Comment

I like how protege goes on about how busting ass putting in applications matters, when he got his 16 year career by... knowing a guy. So far that's all I'm really taking away from this thread. The only job in my life I've ever liked, my mom got for me by asking the owner if he needed someone. I guess maybe if he knew me from when I was a girl scout I could ascribe it to my own strength of character.

Yeah, this guy you're 'helping' sounds like a waste of time, but jeeze. Take a look at what you're saying here. /lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
              ...some will just live average lives and there is nothing wrong with that....
              personally, i like my average life. roof over head? check. food in the fridge? check. occasional extra money for nerdlyness? check.
              living super duper coolness ain't for me. that usually involves.... *shudder* people.
              All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Working...
              X