Not Having The Prices Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Having The Prices Online

Why do so many restaurant, pick up, or catering chains not list their prices on their online menus? It would make things so much more easier for both the customer and (I imagine) the employees who probably get asked how much their menu items cost.

It's a minor annoyance, but an annoyance none the less.

Probably because different areas will have different prices set. But thats my guess.

Comment

So one catering place that delivers to two towns is allowed to have two different sets of prices?

Comment

"Chain" necessarily means we're talking about a business with more than one location, not just a single place with a delivery area that covers more than one town.

As for the OP.... it depends on the sort of site you're talking about. If it's one you can actually order through, it needs to have prices listed. Pizza Hut, for example, finds out first where you are and what location you're looking at; then they can show the appropriate menu and prices. But that adds a lot of complexity, and if you're going to have to contact the store directly anyway to buy it's a lot simpler just to include general information that applies everywhere. Adding in pricing also means a lot more room for communication error and the resulting angry people who see one price on the site and hear another when they go in.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Aethian View Post
          So one catering place that delivers to two towns is allowed to have two different sets of prices?
          I think it is more along the lines of one chain that has places in different cities, that varies it prices depending on location(e.g.: cheaper fish dishes in a place where fish is cheap, and more expensive in places where fish is expensive)

Comment

Usually things are then marked by saying "MPD" market price daily. The response I was going to was the different price for different cities. It was a poorly crafted joke at poor words in another post.

A lot of places won't place their prices online when they lack the ability to split the website to different areas. Even when they seem able to they just default back to the online menu with the

*Not available in all stores.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
              Pizza Hut, for example, finds out first where you are and what location you're looking at; then they can show the appropriate menu and prices.
              Not necessarily. That's actually a huge peeve of mine with PH. The main website will advertise a set of national deals, yet after logging in I'm told that my store doesn't offer that deal. Even more annoying is the email coupons I get from PH, advertising their new best thing, yet once again my store doesn't offer the deal. My email address was linked to my delivery location when I signed up for emails, so why do I keep getting offers I can't use? Grrr.

Comment

I've run into that with them too, come to think of it, though rarely. At least, I assume that's what's happening when I put in a coupon code they just sent me that very day and the site says it's expired. Still, the principle stands.
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Aethian View Post
                  Very few places would do that anyways.

Most chain stores/food places have multiple locations to not have to do that. There are many factors as to why prices are different.

The response I was going to was the different price for different cities. It was a poorly crafted joke at poor words in another post.

This a better response? Trying not to be sarcastic, just asking.

Comment

Working...
                  X