Trying to find specific comic books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find specific comic books

Ok So Mr. George Romero has started a comic book series "Empire of the dead", which almost no shops carry(seriously I found a single shop* 30 miles away), I can't order it from Marvel because they don't *sell* comic books online for some reason, comic pull doesn't carry it and they require a subscription to at *least* three comics(as do some of the stores around here, if you want an issue held)anyway.

I JUST WANT A SINGLE TITLE DAMMIT!

I had to order the first two off amazon for cover price($3.99+$3.99 shipping-yeah $8 for a single comic book, not happy )

*on the bright side said single comic book shop is AWESOME! IMHO-Boxes of back issues organized by release date and alphabetically, boxes of " bargain comics for $1(buy 10 get 5 free, buy 20 get 10 free), he gave us a discount for "dealing with the chaos"(we were waiting for it to open), and because he didn't have the back issues I was looking for, he told me to see if I could locate them myself but if I couldn't he would find a way to get them for me. only open 4 days a week, 6 hours a day, but still.
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Hell, I considered myself lucky when I was able to order the first issue of the Ultimate Warrior's comic book "series" for the cover price (excluding s&h), considering that it's been out-of-print for nearly twenty years.

I have it up on display as a reminder of how not to do comic books.
    "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

I'm pretty lucky we live in a good place for comic geeks. We have a great store nearby and a couple more within driving distance. When the great store sold out of a couple titles (I think it was X-Force or Avengers AI, something the husband wanted- it was weird, they said they got only very limited shipments for some reason) he just stopped by the other store on the way home from work and got them.

I don't read any current ongoing series (well, just a limited 10-issue one, The Wake), just because it gets so expensive and I have trouble keeping up with release dates etc. I wait for the graphic novels, which I also find cheaper and space-saving.

That would frustrate me too though, if there was something I really, really wanted to the point of having to buy the issues as soon as they come out. Weird how Marvel doesn't sell direct, but I guess it would more hassle than it's worth for them to sell to individuals.

Comment

Well if you don't mind virtual copies, there's always Comixology.

For me, the only reason I'm still buying paper books is to support my local shop. I don't buy backissues any more (Which is good since neither of the stores in my city really carry backissues). So I have my weekly sub, that Ipick up. Most of the time I just enter Marvel's digital code and read online afterwards, never to open the paper book again.

Comment

Working...
        X