This lecturer is doing my head in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This lecturer is doing my head in

My uni has few choices for final year accounting papers (they offer 5, you need 4) and the one I am taking now is really pissing me off.

The first assignment - a debate. we were put in a team 2 weeks before, but not given our topic until 10 min before our debate. Just the thought, I couldn't so I don't ended up skipping that asssigment.

The second one - a test which was just writing a refrenced essay um why not let us write as an asssigment then as opposed to trying to remember everything in a test situation.

Now the exam is upon on us and the majority of the marks are from a refrenced esssay again.

I am frustrated beyond belief. He may as well tell us we aren't allowed to think for ourselves. Just puke out what he thinks is right.

We are given a list of allowed references in the essay so we can reference correctly.

I don't want to stand up and talk with out preparation, I want to be allowed to think for myself and hide in a room with my figures.

What gets to me the most is that he "encourages" us to find our own readings but the we still have to use his.

This paper is unlike any that I have done, just looking at the exam paper gives me a panic attack. I know no student who has liked it. they all agree it is a management paper not an accounting paper and yet because the uni won't offer other options we are stuck with it.

The lecture knows this too. He even said at the start of the semester that he knows most of us are only there because we have no choice. but thats good because he thinks if you had to do one paper this is the one it should be. GRRRRR
Working...
X