Willful Blind ignorance of bigots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willful Blind ignorance of bigots

no this is not redundant or saying I don't hate bigots anyways. I hate how they will ignore what is right in front of them and purposefully misread stuff. I feel like I could take a blue piece of paper and show it to them, tell them its blue and they would say it was red and argue up and down and insult you with every word in the dictionary telling you its red.

I don't really have a direct real world example but I think you guys get what I mean. It's amazing on some levels how they can honestly delude themselves like that but also so frustrating. Further you just know they think they are being reasonable.

Oh I know what you're saying.

Sane Person: We should just accept people for who they are.
    Troll: So we should accept rapists, pedophiles, and murderers! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Then you got the "tolerate my intolerance" folks who think that buy calling them out on their bullshit, you're being just as intolerant as them. It never ceases to amuse me.

Comment

Gremcint, we have people like that right here in Fratching. I find myself having to sit on my hands instead of calling it as I see it because I could get very passionate and verbose in my anger at their willful ignorance.

I mean, seriously, if you're going to post studies and papers in an attempt to support your claim you'd better make sure that they actually do or you will end up looking like a complete fool. And the world already has enough of those.

Comment

I noticed a trend with these troll/bigots. They never actually defend their position, they attack arguments against their position until they run out of steam. Example.

Troll: Homosexuals are immoral!
        Poster: Um no they're not. They're not hurting anyone, and they're born that way, so how is that evil?
        Troll: Pedophiles are born that way too, are they moral?
        Poster: No because they are hurting children, homosexuals are consenting adults.
        Troll: So rapists should be defended if they're not hurting children?
        Poster: No! We're talking about consenting adults! Children can't consent!
        Troll: What are we even talking about now?

Not that I think there is any reason for homosexuality to be immoral, but typical trolls don't even try. They just make insane leaps and then insult those who rip their arguments to shred. In a sick way, it's kind of entertaining.

Comment

Well, more than that, they are so dense, they can't hold two concepts together at the same time.
          Last edited by MadMike; 06-05-2014, 11:14 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post. We've already read it.

Comment

there is a phrase I have seen used before that defines a lot of the more rabid fundamentalsts and bigots. "don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up"- a particular sing of this attitude is when, rather than prove any evidence against their point of view wrong, they say "that evidence is faked" and carry on spewing their crap.

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
              there is a phrase I have seen used before that defines a lot of the more rabid fundamentalsts and bigots. "don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up"- a particular sing of this attitude is when, rather than prove any evidence against their point of view wrong, they say "that evidence is faked" and carry on spewing their crap.
              That's very common with those who have crazy conspiracy theories. Basically anything you say to them that falls contrary to their views (up to and including, "the sky is blue") they'll claim there's some government or corporate entity that's making it seem that way, ("Well, the government regularly deploy blue paint in the air to make it look that way.")

Comment

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
                Basically anything you say to them that falls contrary to their views (up to and including, "the sky is blue") they'll claim there's some government or corporate entity that's making it seem that way
                yup, and some have such extreme cognitive dissonance they'll point to "the scientific consensus" on one issue(say climate change), and the same amount of scientific consensus(GMO safety), and scream "conspiracy, or shill". it's maddening.
                Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

What also gets me is how goddamn smug these ignorant bigots are when they think they've made their point. Of course their "point" consists of strawmen, ad-hominem, and ridiculous logic leaps that would impress Super Mario.

I wonder how many of these are just trolling for the lulz vs how many actually think they are right.

Comment

Working...
                  X