No announcement yet.

Being an Introvert in a World Full of Extroverts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually wrote out on my work desk whiteboard what telecom_goddess posted! I may have offended some of my more gregarious coworkers, but it was either write all that down on the whiteboard or I was going to hit them with said whiteboard LOL

Comment

I absolutely love it and am tempted to write it down for my damn household!!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
        I absolutely love it and am tempted to write it down for my damn household!!
        Luckily for me, my family has no problem with me holing up in my office for hours at a time - they should know that after a day of being around people, I need a little space.

But yes, I can relate to all of what's been said already. If I want to venture out of my shell for a bit, I will. Otherwise just leave me be and I'm happy.
        If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

My dad never understood it. He didn't want me to get into a deep depression. Well his heart was in the right place but he handled it oh so wrong. I prefer to be alone after a day of school or work. I am not a social creature. I venture out a bit, don't get me wrong. I just have to force myself to. I also get mild panic attacks when I am going into a social situation I don't know what is going to happen. Like a friend's birthday party. A close friend and I went to support one friend. She understood. Luckily where we were at had a bar. Her bf on the other hand... The birthday part was full of all his friends. Not awkward at all. Family events is a little better. I at least know the people. I still stay quiet till I can get into a conversation. I mostly stay with my cousins who are in their teens. Its funny what they talk about.

Comment

well that jackhammer attempt honestly feels like either it failed, or it was too little to late. I think that next time I see these friends I'm going to bid them farewell. These are people that I would hang out with weekly with a roleplaying game most of the time. They just honestly don't seem get into their head that I'm different. Part of the issue is I've actually seen face to face I say something and they hear something else. One issue that I've really had to fight tooth and nail on is that I've got no interest in doing romance in roleplaying games with them (I find it weird) and for a while it was just sort of in the background but then one time we did an in game timeskip and I was told my character had started dating someone. That made me a bit uncomfortable, but I tried to let it go. there was a later game where they had one of the characters start to come on to mine (not an npc but a main character) and I ended that game. at one point I actually outright said to them that I had no interest in roleplaying the romantic parts at all.

plain simple english. Their response: well diplomacy and research and stuff are part of the game. (I'm summarizing this was quite a while ago)

Basically I had to tell them multiple times to leave me alone about it. I'm tired of explaining myself, I'm tired of justifying why I don't like something I'm tired of people trying to understand me rather than just accept who I am. I feel like people keep trying to pick me apart and analyze me and I just want to be left alone.

Something I've taken to saying is I like myself fine, it's the rest of the world that has the problem with me, not the other way around.

Comment

Working...
            X