No announcement yet.

People who weave lanes on the freeway!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who weave lanes on the freeway!

If you want to do stupid shit, fine, do whatever, but don't do stupid shit that puts OTHER PEOPLES LIVES AT RISK!!

On my way home from church today I drove on the interstate for a bit. Not long after getting on I observed a car who made EIGHT lane changes in a stretch of three and a half miles (That's about 5.5 KM for you metric types) while going approximately 80 MPH and NOT SIGNALLING ONCE.

I'm glad I was far enough behind this guy to where he wasn't an issue for me because if I'd been up further, I would have been legitimately scared.

I just don't get why people do this. Weaving will rarely get you anywhere faster. I can't count the number of times I've seen some weaving jerk blow by me only to end right back beside me on the same road at a red light a few minutes later.

I knew someone who did this. He actually claimed he was a better driver than anyone else because, and I quote, "I can make turns like this without getting in an accident."

Comment

As if the freeway wasn't scary enough as it is.

Comment

On the bright side, he's unlikely to hit a red light on the interstate.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Watched a coworker (who is angling to be medically disabled because he claims his arms go numb) swerve and cut off a school bus on the approach to a construction zone, all while doing 80mph last week.

One of these days I'm gonna see him flipped over in a ditch or handcuffed in the the back of a cruiser for reckless endangerment.

Comment

Originally posted by bbbr View Post
            Watched a coworker (who is angling to be medically disabled because he claims his arms go numb) swerve and cut off a school bus on the approach to a construction zone, all while doing 80mph last week.
            yeesh, if he wants to hit time travel speed he should just find a low traffic area.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
              I just don't get why people do this. Weaving will rarely get you anywhere faster. I can't count the number of times I've seen some weaving jerk blow by me only to end right back beside me on the same road at a red light a few minutes later.
              There are people who do that here. On Route 51, the light at Maytide/Route 88 should be called "the equalizer." I've had people leave me in the dust, weave in and out of traffic to get ahead...only to have me pull up next to (or even a car length ahead of) them at that damn light. Those of us who live in the area know that after you get past that light to get in the right lane. You'll eventually pass the "faster" traffic that way.

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
                yeesh, if he wants to hit time travel speed he should just find a low traffic area.
                Or a long stretch of desert would be better - especially if you're testing out a JATO car.

Beats doing over 100 mph in Manhattan and landing your Lambo in a treetop in Central Park.

Some test driver for NASA she was . . . Wile E Cyote couldn't have done better.
                If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

My word, the worst I've seen lately was a person going at least 60 in a 40, weaving around everyone, and someone in town going about 45-50 around everyone who dared slow down as we crossed the bridge and went down the hill.

Comment

I saw someone like this the other night on my way to East Brunswick mall, of all the times that cops aren't around. He must've been doing at least 80 in a 45.
                    "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

Working...
                    X