balance between kids and pets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balance between kids and pets

*wasn't sure how to word this, I've got nothing against the people involved, just the situation*

My gripe is with people who have pets, then the kids come along, they can't or won't spend as much time with the pet, and then wonder why that animal is upset/acts out.

This is kind of the situation with my brother and his wife........short version is that her dog has been misbehaving in their house, I'm 99% certain the cause is he's not getting enough attention (not sure about my brother, but his wife has lessened interest in pets after their daughter was born) And since they've got a new baby coming in the fall, the problem is only going to get worse....they're debating on whether or not to try to find another home for the dog.

I'm in this boat, but we've been trying. But I work nights, he's days, and we've got the little guy now. Plus still trying to move, technically (still have a few things over at the old place).

I've been trying to get a schedule together to make sure the fur child gets her loving, but little one keeps changing his nap schedule! We're back to two long naps; he was pulling three for a bit there.
    I has a blog!

Comment

This is why I am glad I am around my dogs. My roommates give some attention to them. But the baby is their main priority. I am taking the dogs when I move out next year. We agreed that they can still see the dogs. It would just be better for everyone if I had them.

Comment

Working...
      X