Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop trying to censor me (long/family stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop trying to censor me (long/family stuff)

I have a mouth. A dirty mouth.

Its World Cup and I am using many forms of languages in many languages to voice my..er...happiness or...ferocity with what may be going on in the game (GDI SPAIN)

I have a cousin from my mom's side, who likes to already call up and talk to my mom about everything I post that may seem...unladylike...she is on my friend's list. I don't mind her calling my mother. That family can't keep a secret so its whatever

So she starts lecturing me about how I'm "alienating people" and "need to calm down if I care"...her little "observation"

It took all of my willpower, since I am already not too fond of her, to not tell her to buzz off...with a more rude term.

Instead, I did this

I wont censor myself on something that people use to express themselves. People do have the option to temporarily, or permanently un-follow me. Most people know that in person, I will watch it depending on my company, but usually on something that is meant for me to use, this is just how I am, all out. Especially during sports, I use all sorts of language...in all sorts of languages.

Most of the people on my feed know that is just how I am, and unless I make it more personal outside of a joking manner, its just words. Words have no power unless we personalize them.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't curse to sound "cool", or "bad arse" either..
    Now, the thing is, I am not so disgusted she complained about my language, but that its HER doing it. My mom's side of the family is a bunch of high and mighty hypocrites. I try to keep civil to this particular cousin because she is the only somewhat ally my poor and penniless mother has against a family of rich assholes.

But this lady, is nowhere classy. She gave her younger son full support when he had a charge case on a crime he didn't commit...until he refused to be her puppet, then told him she hoped he would go to prison. After that, he refused to speak to her...but he is close to me, so every now and then she tries to use ME to contact him or give her his number
    (She doesn't know he is helping me with bills or school...that would cause an eruption)

I can't stand slimy people lecturing and censoring others. But I have to be polite to her for family peace. When my mother, long time away I hope, passes, then I can't be just as cruel as they were to her. But until then....gah.

I hear you!

I find it demeaning to be lectured on my language. My dad does it all the time. When I was a child, fine, one wouldn't know the art of the precision F-bomb. But now he interrupts conversations to launch into it. Last time I told him to shut up until or unless he can control the shit that flows unimpeded from my mother's mouth. Maybe I shouldn't swear but I do, a bit. I'm an adult and I can swear all I like.

Comment

I have some ideas on where your self-rightous cousin can put her lectures.

"I don't swear just for the hell of it. Language is a poor enough means of communication. I think we should all the words we've got. Besides, there are damn few words that anybody understands."

- Henry Drummond, Inherit the Wind
      Customer: I need an Apache.
      Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

LOL, that's perfect!
        Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
        Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

Working...
        X