Food Fight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Fight!

We need a new fridge/freezer; mom has the primary say on that as there's stuff we need to do for the installers (hide the washer, hide the cat, move the shelving for the microwave, etc) so we both need to be home when it happens. I have been trying to keep my food in there to a minimum (less to clean out when it happens). Which doesn't always work as what I do have gets buried so I don't always cook it up in time, especially if I'm working at both of my two jobs all day (as happened this past week, I was gone from 9am-11pm and if I did stop home it was only to grab my uniform).

She went on a rant this morning about food falling out of the freezer door. Yes, I brought home some ice cream. How was I supposed to know you brought some ice cream from your work as well? It WILL get eaten in this weather, trust me.

70% of the food currently in the freezer is not mine (I don't even know what some of the stuff is). The few frozen items that are mine--besides staples like broth, potstickers and shrimp that we always use--is prepared microwavable stuff that was bought as food for breaks but for whatever reason I never got a chance to eat. I couldn't stash it in a freezer at work--there's a minifridge up in the office, but no freezer so I'd have to take my chances in the main store freezers.

Was I supposed to leave the frozen food at work and carry the receipt with me to prove I bought each one that I remove from the freezer case? It doesn't work that way, especially since the receipt is dated four days ago. That's a nice way to get my butt hauled into the office. It's not that easy to balance inventory; they can't see that there are 3 more pizzas than there should be which matches with the quantity on my receipt.

The mini-tirade ended with "Now I know this is supposed to be some sort of funny Ghostbusters thing"...wait, what? I'm not even going to ask, as that would only reinforce whatever you think it is.
    "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Just to be clear, are is the reason for the new fridge that the current one is too full?
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Not primarily (although we could probably request one with a larger freezer). The fridge was there when she moved in ~10 years ago, and has some problems with keeping temperature (both fridge and freezer, door seals are bad). We think the compressor is going. A few of the shelves are also held together with duct tape and crazy glue; the crisper drawers are almost unusable because the shelf on top has cracked and is collapsing. It's an el cheapo unit.
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 06-28-2014, 12:27 AM.
      "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Working...
      X