No announcement yet.

The giant coyotes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure, I was the unlucky one to have to clean it up, on the day I ran out of rubber gloves.

The raccoons normally take leftover nut/berries or vegetables(raccoons love organic corn). What got in this time ate bones , used menstrual pads, vegetables and bread.

Comment

Coyotes can also breed with wolves too so that may create a larger then normal coyote. There are coyotes where my parents live and they are really thick where I live too. When walking around in the hills outside of my town I always carry a gun with me. Now I do have to deal with bobcats, wild/abandoned/mean dogs, and mountain lions as well so everything cannot be blamed on coyotes.
      "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe" -H. G. Wells

"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon

Comment

No mountain lions here, there are some reports of bears to the north. Strays tend to stay in the city I don't think they'd last past a winter here, but there are bobcats they leave tracks around the house and sometimes get in the roof.

And the friend with the sheep, he call the local government about his issue, they said he probably didn't know what kind of animal he was looking at or was exaggerating. This man is a large animal vet that has worked in national parks and zoos in the past I think he knows what he's looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by sophie View Post
          No mountain lions here, there are some reports of bears to the north. Strays tend to stay in the city I don't think they'd last past a winter here, but there are bobcats they leave tracks around the house and sometimes get in the roof.

And the friend with the sheep, he call the local government about his issue, they said he probably didn't know what kind of animal he was looking at or was exaggerating. This man is a large animal vet that has worked in national parks and zoos in the past I think he knows what he's looking at.
          Up until the tree came down this past winter, we had one of the few mated eagle pairs in CT living in my woods. I got so damned tired of people telling me we didn't, it was something like a red tailed hawk. Believe me, a 7 foot diameter pile of brush in a tree rather indicates an *eagle nest* and having bio students from UCONN stopping by to study the things seems to me that I wasn't imagining it. [Not to mention seeing them drop in for a snack of my chickens ...]

Comment

I think it's a head in the sand situation people think if they don't acknowledge it then it doesn't exist and can't hurt them.

People also love to insist that coyotes only weigh 15 or 20 pounds and are the height of a beagle. I told wait till fall or winter and look outside at night and tell me if that animal in your yard weighs 15 pounds, I can guarantee it will be 50-65 lbs.

Comment

DNR said the ones that attacked my dogs were about their size and 40-50 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Aethian View Post
                DNR said the ones that attacked my dogs were about their size and 40-50 lbs.
                What kind of dogs do you have? If you dont mind me asking.

Comment

Originally posted by sophie View Post
                  What kind of dogs do you have? If you dont mind me asking.
                  Did I have you mean? Huskies...all between 70-110 lbs. my boy was 110. Not sure where he got the size and weight from but he was my baby.

Comment

I thought from your orginal post one or two might still be ok. Huskies are tough dogs. Sorry they had to go like that. I've never seen a pack of coyotes as big as eight before, here there tends to be 4-6 of them.

Comment

Taking the trash out last night, I hear something moving in the bushes so I drop the garbage and run as I get to the gate I turn around to see what it was, it was...... A chick-a-dee. That's right I'm such a wimp I ran away from a tiny bird.

Comment

never know. those beaks are pretty pointy. better to run.
                        All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

I also found out that Bobcats will run away if you make Zoidberg noises.

Comment

Working...
                          X