people who "have" to set off firecrackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people who "have" to set off firecrackers

I know it's that time of year, and I hate to come off sounding cranky, but.......my gripe for July 4 is those in the neighborhood who "have" to set off firecrackers, especially the ones who make the loudest noises. Reason being that our two dogs are older and get freaked out, and they refused to go outside to use the bathroom because of the smoke/ash smell, and someone down the street just "had" to keep setting off firecrackers.

Bill's mom has to call the cops on people that set off fireworks with the area they live in, especially since there's 2 gas stations nearby plus the gas lines right by the house. Nobody with a brain would try that shit, because BOOM!
    "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

The people across the street from me...have been blowing up shit for the past 2 weeks. Seriously, the 4th is over. Knock it off.

Comment

There's a bajillion shows going off tonight. I counted 7 different ones on the way home from the movie theaters (the whole 15 minute drive).
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

On the good side though, at least people weren't setting them off in the alley that goes behind our house........was tempted to fling dog poo if that happened this year.

Comment

When would you prefer they do it?
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

For the dog issue, a poster on another forum I frequent sings the praises of a product called Adaptil that you can get from your vet. I don't have any personal experience with it, but this person swears up and down that it calms her dog nearly instantly when he's frightened during these times.

Comment

I don't mind people setting off fireworks on the 4th (I figure, my pets, my problem) but it irks me when people are setting them off the entire week before and after. And on Friday our neighbors were setting them off- really loud ones- well past 11 pm. My kid went to bed at 9 (later than usual) and I got to bed at 11! I just feel like you should have some courtesy and stop at 10 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                  When would you prefer they do it?
                  i don't think it's a matter of when, but where. some places are just not smart to be setting off fireworks in. i mean, if you got a couple acres and no neighbors that's one thing. but in the middle of suburbia, or the city, is not only damn rude but fuckin' stupid. it don't take much to start a fire, especially if you live in dry areas.
                  then again, some people are just fuckin' dumb. maybe we should just consider the blown-off digits natural selection or something.
                  All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Last night, I had to listen to bottle rockets and other things being fired off...until well after 11:30. Seriously? After 10, it's pretty fucking rude to do that. Never mind the crap flying over my house, but they're pretty fucking lucky that only *residue* was left on my car

At least I can take some comfort, in the fact that 2 years ago, the guy across the street had a rocket get away from him. Didn't hurt anyone, but it did leave a nice big dent in the side of his wife's car After that, he seriously curtailed his fireworks to only some poppers and the occasional smoke bomb.

Comment

^

Aren't there laws that prohibit shooting fireworks past a certain time?

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                        ^

I would guess it falls under the same law as prohibiting loud music past a certain time.

I really can't stand the fireworks here, either. Little firecrackers or sparkers are one thing, but some of these things are really earth shatteringly loud... and when it's after 11pm, it really gets to be annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                          There are--they could get busted for disturbing the peace. However, the law is a joke. By the time the cops would arrive, any and all firework launching would be long over. They don't consider it a priority.

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
                            There are--they could get busted for disturbing the peace. However, the law is a joke. By the time the cops would arrive, any and all firework launching would be long over. They don't consider it a priority.
                            Pretty much .

I posted about this on FB two weekends past - had some noises setting off at almost 11 pm that were loud enough to almost send me out of my rocking chair!

Couldn't tell if it were fireworks, rifle shots or some heavy duty artillery and a calvary regiment was going to come riding through to reenact some previous war or something. Told my brother (after the 2nd round went off) if I heard a third, I would call.

Not ten seconds later, I heard the third BOOM and 911 got my call at 10:55 roughly - didn't know which direction it was coming from, as I couldn't see anything in the sky from the front porch due to heavy trees around me. Could've been the neighbors across from me who were partying or from another direction.

Got off the phone with the dispatcher and heard several more booms go off in quick succession and by this time it was just after 11 pm (in my area, any noise like that after 11 pm is considered disturbing the peace and these jackasses were definitely bothering mine. )

Took 30 minutes for an officer to arrive on my porch after seeing a couple of cars cruising through the neighborhood. He and 2 other officers had been a couple of blocks down the road and saw fireworks shooting off in a direction from behind my house. Couldn't find the source so far but they'd make one more sweep of the area before they left - and he was going to stop by the neighbors to tell them to turn their music down (neighbors on the side street that runs past my house were partying hard and their music I could hear words and all on the porch.)

But yeah, if it's after 11 pm they will respond.
                            If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

On Canada Day, I heard a lot of illegal fireworks, and even SAW some sparks from my condo's balcony window. Not sparkler sparks, FIREWORK shower sparks; the kind that you see in the sky after a firework goes off!

Seriously, I could have been hurt if I was outside! They exploded just under my unit's level!

Comment

Working...
                              X