Unreliable former roommates and myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreliable former roommates and myself

Some may remember a topic about a roommate who more or less told me to get over being raped.

Well, I moved out and its been almost 2 months.

Problem, was, the bill for gas and electricity...it wasn't paid for almost 2 months in full, so it amounted to being 300 (never living in a condo like that again. And not with that many people!)

The roommate I mentioned never paid his share for the electricity in full since early winter...and since it was in my name, nothing I could do, since he was part of the new lease.

He promised to pay 150 by June 30th. Haven't heard from him since June 1st.
    He owes actually about 300...and since my mother became cosigner towards the end, they're hunting her.

I don't blame mother for being upset in the slightest, but my other roommates and I pulled our weight and paid for it (with bestie saving the day more than once)
    But now, I don't have the funds to...
    My mother can't understand why I can't just call him up and make him pay. No, its my fault, and it was in my name. Legally, utility-wise, I can't do shit about a roommate who didn't pay his share (we even paid the internet for him twice)

I'm mad at myself for letting him move in. And mad at myself for not having the funds to calm my mother. (She's taking it personally that I can't do anything about it. Yes, it wasn't just me living there. But it was in my name, and he got away with screwing me over)

Stress...

I assume you took it out of your name when you moved out?

They're going to maintain you having the liability for the past due funds - and you would do best to contact them and negotiate a payment plan to pay it out. But you don't want to accumulate further debt that isn't really yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat View Post
      I assume you took it out of your name when you moved out?

They're going to maintain you having the liability for the past due funds - and you would do best to contact them and negotiate a payment plan to pay it out. But you don't want to accumulate further debt that isn't really yours.
      I took off the service since all of us left, and no one lives there currently. I can't even do a payment plan because you have to pay SOMETHING at first...and...I have nothing. ._. Jobhunting isn't doing too well..

Comment

Working...
      X