It's not you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not you...

...it's just that [X] has more experience than you!

Yes, that's really what I want to hear when being turned down for a job promotion. Again. When my husband's unemployed and I'm still only employed part-time.

*sigh*

Plus side, he did say I had a really great interview, so I guess I don't have to really worry about that too much.
    I has a blog!

I hear you.

I got a slightly different version of that when I was looking for a job. It was always, "We're looking for someone with experience." But you can't get experience without a job. And you can't get experience without a job. And so on. One time, after hearing it one too many times, I blurted out, "Well how the hell am I supposed to get experience if I can't get hired?"

Yeah, I burned my bridges with that one.
    --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

I've done the same thing as you, MadMike. And it's true - it's impossible to get experience if nobody will hire you. Or if they do hire you, it's only part-time hours and they tell you that you cannot have another job. For me it was in bookkeeping/office admin - I ended up doing a stint volunteering doing that for a non-profit organization in order to get some experience so that I would at least get looked at for those sorts of jobs. And finally decided to throw in the towel and went back to work in retail, even thought I had the all-important paperwork showing I was trained in bookkeeping and office administration. Ugh.

Comment

Working...
      X