Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Answer Calls From The Past

....so please, past, quit calling me!

Maybe I'm more cynical or bitter than others. Maybe just not as forgiving. But I tend to think of myself as a lot smarter than I used to be, as far as not letting people take advantage of me or get more chances than they deserve. But, I do know and do realize that I am a tad bitter, and some people generally are not bad people, and I may be missing out, but I just feel some things are better left done and over no matter what, you know?

I read an article randomly a few days ago that a friend had posted on Facebook about how men and women view timing differently in relationships, and that a big reason guys go back to certain girls is because they feel that in time, they've grown or matured or learned, and they feel they should try again and are able to do better than before where they did wrong. It was like a lightbulb went off in my empty little blonde head.

I'm no stranger to rejection. Usually the girl that guys "friendzone" by finding every excuse not to date me, but want to sleep with me or just keep me around. Excuses to flat out lies....for instance, they don't want a relationship, but days later, you see they changed their relationship status on Facebook or you see them out and about canoodling with another girl. I refuse to be a backup plan or second choice, so it'll end at that. Out of nowhere, texts or messages on Facebook suddenly appear, and guess what? They got cheated on, or the girl they chose over me was "such a bitch" or was "soo controlling" and no matter how short or long of a time it was, it's always back to good old reliable blas! And I'm pretty sure they are almost expecting sympathy from me. Not that I don't think it sucks to be cheated on or have a really bad relationship, but....really? If it's been quite a while, I'm over it enough to not be hot over it, but I still want to roll my eyes.

Because I'm a hag and usually believe if I wasn't given the truth, they don't deserve it back, I'll say I'm dating someone (even if I'm not) and it's instantly "Oh no, I just want to get together and catch up!" (yes, at your house, I bet you do!), and then it'll be the "aww shucks well I should have picked you!" or "Gee I wish you were single, it should have always been you!"

Sorry, not falling for it. I'm no saint, I about literally tore a guy's heart out (granted, he stressed the living hell out of me with his damn little personality disorder, but he was as fragile as an antique doll) and to this day I swear every time he sees me he fantasizes about throwing me off a tall building. However, when Karma bit me back for that (I'm only assuming that was how it went down, that or God really needed to show me I put up with too much) and Hellboy all but ruined my life for a good year almost.....did I go running back crying to Whiney Bitch about what happened? No.

In fact, if I ever reject a guy or break it off with them, I don't go running back to them when it doesn't work with someone else. It's not fair, and it's not right. I'm sure some of the guys I've rejected are probably caring and nice enough to still want a girl like me after that, but it's just not fair and right, and I can't just rebound like that or just seek solace in a person because things didn't go my way.

Like I said, maybe I'm just weird, but it really irritates me when the past calls. I've grown and changed as a person, and it almost offends me and makes me think that they think I'm too dumb to realize what they are doing. Or, if they truly do feel bad or need a friend......I just wish they'd go vent to a different person. Not that I am glad any of that happens to them or that I am cold enough not to care about anyone else....but....I really don't want to hear it, and I don't need apologies over what happened before. I just really don't do second or third or fourth chances anymore, and I don't feel I should always be the "go to" when all else fails.

Thanks for letting me vent!

and people wonder why I NEVER want to talk to or be in the presence of my Ex except when I am forced to and always refer to her as "My EX" or to our daughter "Your Mother" NEVER by name.

She got what she wanted ie. She made her bed NOW she can lie in it
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

I admit, I make this mistake a lot. I'm the guy who gets drunk and texts his ex girlfriend like a dumbass, which is ALWAYS a bad idea, as everybody knows. Although, I haven't done that in quite a long time, because I realized how inconsiderate it was, and drunkenness is an excuse that can only get you so far. Basically, where I'm going with this is - I kind of understand the impulse, but you've got to respect the other person's boundaries and decisions, dude. If she is over you, let her be over you. It's selfish to try and forcefully drag somebody who is trying to move on back into your life and your drama. Find other friends for that.

Comment

I got a drunken FB message from Satan Himself a few weeks ago. Just like the slimeballs a lot of guys/girls are, they wait till their bf/gf is out of town, then get drunk and message their ex "I MISS YOU!".....whatever.

Some people need to learn that they should have appreciated what they had. You went looking for something better, you got something worse, when what you had was great. You didn't even deserve what you had before, most likely, if that's what happened. (general you)

Comment

Working...
        X