Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Read this rant in this thread. You won't believe what happens next!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read this rant in this thread. You won't believe what happens next!

I rarely post on this site, but I thought I'd brought it up. I'm noticing a trend with descriptions to articles and videos that use that phrase, "You won't believe what happens next."

I get the desire to create interest in viewing the link, but the phrase has become cliched that I cringe every time I see it.

Yeah it's been used so much that it's become a joke now.

It's to the point now that FB is developing algorithms to counter that link-bait crap. They are measuring how soon someone returns to FB after visiting a clickbait site like that, and if you return quick enough, they'll downgrade the post so others won't be as likely to see (and follow) it.

Comment

I clicked this thread with the full intent of chastising you for the title of the thread. >.>

Comment

I follow my local news station on FB and they started doing this recently. I'm like "Guys, either your summary is going to interest me already or I'm skipping it anyway. That teaser has nothing to do with my desire to find out more."
        I has a blog!

Comment

This reminds me of the ebay auctions which use some variation of "Look!" in their listing title.
          LOOK
          LOOK!
          L@@k!!

No, I'm not kidding about the last one. It annoys the hell out of me.

Comment

I especially hate the ones that say you have to share in order to get the rest of the story. Kept having those pop up on my news feed because of someone who constantly shared them and of course they were always the type that were clearly not real stories anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X