X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watching my friend get screwed for his service

am friends with a married couple. long story short:
    he had to retire from the service...E4 i think for medical reasons
    and he is getting screwed over left and right, not being hired BECAUSE he served, government witholdhing his pay/retirement and having to do assessments. and even when they are to pay him it is not even close to what was promised....

and that is just the tip of the iceburg.
    i believe in serving one's country but not to be screwed over at every turn during and after service.
    Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
    Yeah we're so over, over
    Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

And wives of active duty servicepeople who need jobs can't get hired 'because they may have to move with no notice so it isn't worth the time and money to train them' - same goes for the kids also. I had to not mention Rob and job hunt all the way in to Hartford [50 miles] using a friends house as my home address. Only reason we had a cell phone back in the early 1990s. It is also fairly difficult to get food assistance unless you have more than one kid. And they never mention that you can be issued substandard housing and you have no right to refuse it, if you refuse it for even valid reasons, you get bumped to the bottom of the waiting list - when we rotated up to Groton, there was a 2 year waiting list for housing. We were offered housing down in Virginia near Oceana that was known as Cockroach Acres - they were so filled with roaches that they were out and about in broad daylight. If you sat down, they would climb on you, and I don't even want to think about sleeping there.

Things aren't always so great for those still in either.

Just saying ...

Comment

Working...
    X