Bad hygiene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad hygiene

Since it's cold again people around here have decided that they don't need to bathe or brush their teeth anymore.

The stink is unimaginable, I mean people not taking a bath or shower, or even a sponge baths for days or weeks. One woman that works with my husband has developed skin infections and infestations that are caused by not keeping clean then she tries to cover the stink with stale perfume.

I have sensitive skin, I know it sucks but get gentle soaps or do oil washing or even just water....SOMETHING!

Oh GOD what the hell is wrong with people. I have zero patience for that shit. Fucking clean up and stop being so lazy.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Unfortunately though, brushing your teeth doesn't always prevent bad breath - my mom brushes twice a day, has regular dental visits, and it still sometimes smells like she just ate fresh poop. (frustrating thing is, she gets mad if you say anything)

Comment

I've got a coworker who is just....gross. Ok, more than one. More than a few. But this one I have to deal with every day.

This geeky 20 year old kid, stereotypical gamer where he most likely bathes a couple of days a week, usually wears the same pair of jeans all week to work and the same shirts as well. I rarely notice him wearing a change of clothes. He smells like sofa pizza, literally.

The worst part is, he was FB stalking me trying to get me to go out with him.

It always has to be those guys after me. Yuck.

Comment

Originally posted by KellyHabersham View Post
          Unfortunately though, brushing your teeth doesn't always prevent bad breath - my mom brushes twice a day, has regular dental visits, and it still sometimes smells like she just ate fresh poop. (frustrating thing is, she gets mad if you say anything)
          A good portion of your breath odor comes from the back of the throat and the tongue. Mouthwash and brushing your tongue can improve your breath. If that fails, then I'd at least talk to the dentist about it, because bad breath could be signs of a serious health issue that might need to be treated.

Comment

I agree, but I've also been on the other side of this.

When a landlord doesn't have to turn on the heat until it's under 55 and it's 56 in the room you're expected to shower in, yea there are days I've been in the "I can skip today" camp.

Actually it got so bad (temp wise) I basically just started doing it in the evening before the temp had a chance to drop. My sense of hygiene didn't need to take a dive and I didn't need to come out of a shower with violent shaking due to cold.

So I guess I still give people a little leeway in terms of cold weather hygeine. But yea, it can get ripe at times.

Comment

I don't get what weather has to do with it. It's common sense and courtesy. Yet not so common, I guess. I live in an ancient house with ancient plumbing and cold floors, but nothing is stopping me from bathing.

I guess if people want to make bathing optional, they can just stay home. It'd be a real public service for the rest of us.

Comment

One note: there are medical conditions which cause infection/vulnerability to infection even if you are thorough and scrupulous in your hygeine.

If you come across someone who has both a smell of infection and a medical smell (eg antifungals, antibacterials, assorted 'preventative' creams), it'd be great if generic-you was forgiving.

Comment

It's a tad different when you're an able bodied young man who prefers to just sleep in his bed with pizza boxes :P

I'm certain this thread is more based on people who choose to put basic hygene on the shelf or treat it as voluntary, versus people who can't control certain smells due to medical issues.

I may come across rather harsh, but I have absolutely no time or need for anyone who is able bodied and otherwise healthy who refuses to properly bathe or take care of their teeth and armpits and to change their clothes daily. If that guy wonders why no girls will date him, he's most likely delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat View Post
                    One note: there are medical conditions which cause infection/vulnerability to infection even if you are thorough and scrupulous in your hygeine.

If you come across someone who has both a smell of infection and a medical smell (eg antifungals, antibacterials, assorted 'preventative' creams), it'd be great if generic-you was forgiving.
                    I actually worked in the medical field for a while, I know medical smells pretty well. I'm talking about the people that are willingly choosing not to bathe. The woman with the skin infestation is just gross. The skin mites she has are caused by living around wild rats or mice.

Comment

Working...
                    X