Newest Facebook Fad: Thank You Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest Facebook Fad: Thank You Videos

I'm more of a lurker on this site, as opposed to CS where I'm a more active poster. That said, I felt strongly enough to post this.

Though I've never seen any of the videos, the first post I've seen with such video was only 4 hours ago as of this post. And already I'm sick of them. The descriptions given are nothing more than a form letter. As in, "Hey (subject name here) I made you this video to say thanks for being such a good friend. You can make your own at (link)"

The more posts I see, especially by the same person, the less sincere it becomes. I don't need a video to express thanks to my friends. I show my appreciation by calling them, talking to them, hanging out with them.

Between this and my 2nd most recent topic, maybe I just hate fads in general.

So am I the only one instantly reminded of the Alanis Morissette video? Perhaps use it to troll the concept?
    "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Not so much a fad as something Facebook itself is pushing people to do, like that stupid collage thing a couple months ago.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
      X