Sharing a laundry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing a laundry!

I share a laundry with my in-laws, they are great people, extremely nice and welcoming.

But holy shit, sharing a washer and dryer is annoying.

My father-in-laws brother will come over and take my clothes out of the machine while it's still running and everything's soap covered and put it on the floor so he can wash his.

They leave wet laundry in the machine for days until it stinks(the record is 8 days). So I have to clean the washer and dryer every week to get rid of the stink! I dry our clothes on low then iron so they don't shrink, they'll walk past the dryer and put it on extra high(aka burn).

And when ever I start doing laundry everyone else wants to as well.

If I talk to them about it they listen.... For a day the back to normal.

Strange they're in such a hurry to get your stuff out (from both the washer and the dryer), yet wait over a week to remove theirs. People make no sense.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Some in college took my laundry out of the drier before it was done (I had it timed) and left my wet clothes out. Soaking wet so they waited until I left then just took my clothes out. I wonder how much their new wardrobe cost them when all those clothes that replaced mine disappeared.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
        I wonder how much their new wardrobe cost them when all those clothes that replaced mine disappeared.
        They left your clothes wet on the ground, so you stole theirs?

Do you consider that a proportionate response?

Comment

I'm assuming Greenday's college laundry machines were pay-per-use (either coins or a smart card you need to load).

Some assholes will wait for somebody to put their clothes in the dryer, pay, and then go off to do something else. Asshole dumps the clothes out and puts theirs in so they can get their load dried using a dryer that someone else has paid for.

Greenday probably just dumped their load in the garbage can.

Comment

sophie, why don't you either offer to do everyone's laundry, volunteer someone else to do it all, or hire some help? Then you won't have to deal with all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by cindybubbles View Post
              sophie, why don't you either offer to do everyone's laundry, volunteer someone else to do it all, or hire some help? Then you won't have to deal with all of this.
              They are grown adults they can do their own damn laundry and if they did our laundry it would also sit in their for days or they would ruin it.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                I'm assuming Greenday's college laundry machines were pay-per-use (either coins or a smart card you need to load).
                A lot of colleges have pay-per-use machines that use either quarters or smart cards. Mine did, and they were pretty bad. Bad, meaning they were expensive--several dollars to wash and dry a load. I got very lucky in that my grandmother lived a few miles away...and I could do my laundry there.

Some assholes will wait for somebody to put their clothes in the dryer, pay, and then go off to do something else. Asshole dumps the clothes out and puts theirs in so they can get their load dried using a dryer that someone else has paid for.
                That's usually what happened to residents' laundry if they didn't stick around. Nearly every day, some asshole would either dump someone's clothes onto the floor or would outright steal them. Both actions would cost that someone money--either to rewash their now-nasty clothes, or having to replace them.

Some people went one step further. I heard of one guy, who, after finding that someone had interrupted his laundry...decided to get even. That is, he took the offender's clothes, threw them in a pile, and proceeded to piss and shit on them Can't say I blame him for that.

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
                  A lot of colleges have pay-per-use machines that use either quarters or smart cards. Mine did, and they were pretty bad. Bad, meaning they were expensive--several dollars to wash and dry a load.
                  That's interesting. Where I went to college, it was the opposite -- it was actually pretty cheap to use their machines. I was shocked when I went out on my own and found out how much the public Laundromats charged.
                  --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

It was $1.50 per washing machine and $1.50 per drier. Total ripoff.
                    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
                      That's interesting. Where I went to college, it was the opposite -- it was actually pretty cheap to use their machines.
                      Was the Earth flat in those days too?

But seriously, the machines in my college dorms were cheap ones....or ones that were wearing out. You could easily spend a few bucks on each load, because the dryers would occasionally require a "second trip" through. Otherwise, you'd get a basket of soggy clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post

That's interesting. Where I went to college, it was the opposite -- it was actually pretty cheap to use their machines. I was shocked when I went out on my own and found out how much the public Laundromats charged.
                        Mine cost as much as the laundromat, and sometimes more because they didn't necessarily work well.

I usually went home every couple of weeks for that reason
                        I has a blog!

Comment

Since this is Thanksgiving week... I'm thankful for this thread, reminding me how nice it is not to have to share laundry facilities.
                          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                            Since this is Thanksgiving week... I'm thankful for this thread, reminding me how nice it is not to have to share laundry facilities.
                            Me too! I have my own washer and dryer and there is only my daughter doing laundry besides me, and she knows how to do it right.
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by the_std View Post
                              Do you consider that a proportionate response?
                              Perhaps not, but I have to admit I snickered and mentally high fived him. I suck.

Comment

Working...
                              X