Four hours waiting..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four hours waiting..

I want to apologize to anybody in the medical profession before I begin. Ok.. so recently (As in today). I went to an appointment. As normal I arrived a little early, so I am not counting the time I waited because my own need to never be late to anything.

Keep in mind this is not an emergency room, this was for an eye exam, so doesn't fall under the 'worst goes in first' thing. However, as I sat there, 8 people came in after me, and every single one left before me. This is after the time my appointment was supposed to be mind. Finally I had to go up and ask what the heck was going on. Just to be told "You have to wait your turn". *sighs* I wish I could say I set them straight and got a rousing applause. but no.. just went to sit..for another 2 hours.

I had something similar with a scheduled heart test. Came in and waited, some 45 minutes past my scheduled time I was _still_ waiting. When a woman who came in after me and got seen first (and another woman who had been there before me was _still_ waiting) I got up and asked what was going on.

Got a lot of double-talk and a half-assed apology so I walked. Made darn sure I got my copay back and they didn't try and bill my insurance company. Never offered an explanation, a real apology or reimbursement for my wasted time.

Now they keep calling trying to get me to reschedule. Good luck on that!

Comment

My aunt had this issue, though I don't know what kind of doctor.

She took the clause in the doctor's paperwork that said they would charge her for being late and said that in that case, she was going to start charging them on the same grounds.

Apparently, that worked for her.
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That's strange, unless perhaps, while the people came in after you, their appointment was for before yours and they were lucky enough to be less late than the doctor. But that hardly seems likely with so many.

The only doctor's office I've watched closely, if you have an appointment, he'll generally see you within a few minutes of it. Actually, I had something typed here about how he's always 5-10 minutes late at the beginning of the day, but then realized that, assuming the patient is on time, that time's not wasted anyway, being used to put them in a room and check their temperatures and whatnot. Other than walk-ins, there's rarely anyone *waiting* in the waiting room unless they're someone's ride or something.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

the doctor I go see is pretty much always late and this does happen but more because people make the appointment for 12:30 then show up at 1:15 and still have to wait maybe something similar i happening here.

Comment

Working...
          X