Trying to get referrals for something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get referrals for something

I recently signed up to one of those free credit score sites. It's new and actually is free, they just have credit card ads on the site. It's how they make their money apparently.

They have a promotion this month, if you refer 6 people you get $150 in Amazon credit. I've been trying for two weeks now and still I only have two!

Argghh!

The last time I tried to get my credit scores online, I could only get two of the three. Two of them, as part of verifying that I'm me, asked "have you ever lived at [address]?" Apparently, one of them thought the right answer was "yes" and the other thought it was "no."
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I've got a credit rating through some service from Experian. It's not new, and it's not free.

Personally, were I to receive a referal from a free site, I'd be suspicious. I'd likely decline just for the fact that they're new.
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've actually had an accountant suggest freecreditreport.com (I think) to me. The first one really is free. The key is just to quit the program before they start charging you monthly for it.
        "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
        TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Pretty sure FCR is the one I signed up for. It's run by Experian.

I ended up keeping it on because it gives me valuable information on what's going on with my credit and what factors were keeping it down and what were raising it up.
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X