Being called lazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being called lazy

By a woman who has not held a job in her life, either full or part time, and has pretty much been living off welfare most of her adult life.

My granddaughter was telling me that her other grandma had said that I was lazy. She said I needed to get off my butt once in a while and do things around the house.

Yes, my house is messy, but it's not filthy to the point of being a health hazard.
    I work over 40 hours a week and have numerous physical issues that leave me in almost 24/7 pain. I was diagnosed with diabetes this year. I suffer from bouts of depression and have IBS.
    My job is stressful, and, by nature, is a very negative job, as I am constantly dealing with problems.

By the time I am finished my workday and work week, I am exhausted and burnt right out.

I am usually left looking after my 2 very busy grandchildren most weekends too, so I do spend a lot of time just sitting on my butt because I am pretty much too tired to do much of anything else.

I know a lot of her opinion of me came from when my daughter and I were having some issues a while back, and she probably vented to her that she was carrying the brunt of looking after the house.
    She was.
    But it should also be noted that she, herself, was on maternity leave and not working either, but was still managing to have a pretty active social life while leaving me to look after the children, as if it was my job.

I finally ended up booting my daughter and her children to the curb, and that was a wakeup call for her, I think.
    She's back home now, and is working again, so we are trying to share the workload of keeping the house clean.

It's a difficult job with the 2 little ones running around making messes constantly.

I was really angry when this woman had the nerve to say that about me.
    She isn't even much of a grandmother.
    I may not keep a showplace home, and may sit on my butt a lot, but I do take time to give my grandchildren attention and lots of hugs and cuddles.
    It's more than I can say for her.
    Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

I take it the granddaughter in question is a little kid, yes?

So, regardless of what was said and the truth, or lack thereof: Why in hell would an adult talk shit to a child about another adult?

You know, if they aren't an immature and toxic individual, that is.
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Exactly!

Why would anyone say that to a child?
      Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

I was wondering if everything was OK with you. Neighbor lady needs to mind her own business. If she's that worried about the state of your house then she can clean it. She obviously has time on her hands if she can kvetch to your granddaughter.

Comment

This wasn't exactly a neighbour lady. It was my granddaughter's other grandmother. (Her paternal grandmother.)
          and yeah, if she's that concerned, maybe she could help out with the babysitting once in a while so I could actually do some tidying up.
          Point to Ponder:

Comment

Things like that happen between in-laws or the other grandparents a lot.

I'm known for being a bossy bitch with my parents about their house, as I've made several threads about it, but at least you have a decent reason why your house wouldn't be perfect. My parents have no real excuse, they just would make them so they could lounge and watch TV and play online instead of just doing basic tidying around and then when I am home alone before I go to work in the early afternoon, I can do the bigger stuff.

I work longer hours than either of them do, yet neither one of them has the ambition to change a roll of toilet paper or close a tube of toothpaste (I know, it sounds stupid, but when you get a cabinet with a trail of toothpaste going all over your toothbrush and all the rags around it, you'd get pissed too).

I'm certainly not trying to go too far off topic or nitpick at you Ree, because you've never given me any reason to think you're lazy or unkempt. I do know a few good examples of truly lazy people who would let their house go to a dust and piss covered mess if there weren't anyone else to clean up after them, and you certainly aren't one of them!

But back on topic, when it comes to what family members of the other parents say to/about you, you have to take it with a grain of salt. My little brother's ex girlfriend has bashed him and our family for "refusing" to help her (aka, her bashing my brother for "abandoning" her when she's the one who ran away and broke it off with him as soon as she found out she was pregnant, then didn't tell him there were other guys who could be the dad and so on and so on, to this day preaching that her new boyfriend is Daddy because he's taken on the role. The role she refuses to let my brother have. So she bashes us because we won't just give her stuff besides all the child support my brother has to pay). She's cut on my brother for God knows what, and the real truth of the matter is she's a lazy piece of work who will never go beyond menial starter level jobs and if it wasn't for my brother, all her child would have is state/county/single mom aid.

Sorry to threadjack. It rings close to home. People are a bag of dicks.

Comment

Who on earth doesn't put the cap back on the toothpaste? *shudder*
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My mom doesn't.

I have my own tube and I keep it in the other cabinet with my face wash and other beauty stuff, for that reason.

Some days we get lucky and she might halfway close it, if there isn't already so much toothpaste all over that it can't close.

Comment

Working...
                X