Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point.

Comment

Just got a knock at the door, new guy downstairs asked if I had net as his wifi access had gone, "I'm on cable so never needed to worry about that." says I, but in the list of available wifi's Netgear showed up, so I suggested that, no joy with old password.

So again at random he's changed the wifi name and password and left the house or is not answering the door even though you can hear the TV in his room.

If he feels the need to change either, he should have the decency to let EVERYONE in the house know.

Comment

at this point, i think it's obvious he thinks of it as his internet access- as in, that he has the right to grant or withhold internet access, and to decide what is permissible for people to look at. That is NOT going to change.( I would imagine that if the internet is moved out of his room, he will throw a massive fit, and may walk out on the lease.)

there's functionally 4 options:
        1. get the landlord to get the connection moved into the common room
        2. move out.
        3. put up with it.
        4. get your own, seperate internet connection.

because it's clear the guy isn't going to change, so you either need to force the issue, get your own internet, move, or put up with it.

Comment

We don't have a common room, just the kitchen, but he was quoted nearly £100 to have it moved so I don't see it happening any time soon.

Well I'm in 3.5 Putting up with it till I get a job to pay for my own/go shares with guy upstairs.

But I was waiting for my washing to finish (still on a wash cycle a full album later ...) and he came back just now, turns out he did indeed leave a note with the new name and password but guy downstairs never mentioned that, so he either never saw it or did after, but I sent a text about an hour ago to land lord saying he's still not back, so perhaps he got in contact with him to call him.

So he said he spoke to him and he couldn't read the note, so for future reference, write legibly, I know I am guilty of this as I hardly ever use a pen now, Sudoku is the closest I get these days and my 3's look like cartoon tops of bread slices.

Comment

Working...
          X