Credit Card Thieves Need to GDIAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card Thieves Need to GDIAF

In the nearly 4 months I've moved to where I'm living now, I've had to replace my credit card twice and my fiance has had to replace his 3 times - all for the same reason. Some miserable excuse parading as a human has stolen our card numbers and used our money - over $500 between the both of us by this point - to buy stuff for themselves. Aside from the pain of changing over all accounts/subscriptions we've got on the net and being stuck paying cash for everything while we wait for new cards to come in, neither of us have particularly high paying (or even full time) jobs so we really can't afford to have this happen any more.

And yes we're taking precautions to make sure this doesn't happen again. Even if it means that a particular market we like to frequent (close enough to walk to, best British foods section I've ever seen in my area) has to be a Cash Only place.

If your cards are RFID enabled put them in some shielding wallet.
    There are quite a few to pick from and it has saved me headaches as well.
    Had my identity stolen a few times too - it sucks.

Comment

some common ways people don't think of is:

Ordering delivery over the phone(my ex got hit this way)
      Paying bills over the phone(saw a coworker get marched out of the call center)
      having paper billing statements(most theft occurs this way)
      viruses or malware on a phone or computer
      allowing your phone to connect to any wifi(turn wifi off if not at home)
      Using unsecured wifi-includes "free wifi" which may be from a malicious source
      not changing or using a common password on accounts/email
      and this article exposes a major security flaw

I know this is after the fact,(it feels almost wrong to mention, too close to victim blaming for my liking) and people really suck.
      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Working...
      X