There's nothing wrong with being gay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's nothing wrong with being gay!

At a potluck last night, the host mentioned that he dropped a friend because that friend told him that he wanted to have sex with him.

The conversation kept going that way until one of my friends said "He's gay, you know?"

I don't care if he's gay or not. I told him, or rather shouted, "There's nothing wrong with being gay!"

To which he responded, "No, he's demented" or something like that. Still not right, though.

Then another one of my friends mentioned that he knew a gay minister who was an awesome person, and proceeded to tell the misinformed friend all about him.

After reading all those horror stories about LGBTQ youth being killed or committing suicide due to bullying or other negative influences in their lives, I felt that I had to speak up.

Just because someone of the same sex as you comes up to you and tells you that they want to have sex with you, and you are creeped out, DOES NOT mean that all LGBTQ people are like that! And besides, wouldn't YOU be creeped out even if that person was the opposite sex? I would.

The problem should not be that "s/he's gay". Anything but that.

Your thoughts?

There's nothing wrong with being gay, but if a friend, of any gender, told me they wanted to have sex with me, I would be kind of weirded out.

Comment

Originally posted by anakhouri View Post
      There's nothing wrong with being gay, but if a friend, of any gender, told me they wanted to have sex with me, I would be kind of weirded out.
      That's one of the reasons why I'm uneasy around the roommate of the misguided friend. He once told said friend that he wanted me to be his girlfriend, and even though he seems to be improving, I'm still uneasy around him.

Comment

Originally posted by cindybubbles View Post
        The problem should not be that "s/he's gay". Anything but that.
        We're only getting part of the story here. Is the gay friend the type that he wouldn't take no for an answer? I mean, there's an endless number of stories over on CS about people who make creepy advances. Some of them are multiple offenders, in fact. Could it be that this guy was one of them?

I don't know about you, but if one of my male friends told me that, I'd be seriously weirded out. First answer, I'd try to be polite about it. As in, "my door doesn't swing that way." If he hounded me about it or got aggressive, well, things would change. I'd respond with "fuck off." If he persisted...he'd find himself on the receiving end of an ass-kicking. I don't care if you're gay, straight...or you like to screw cantaloupes. There are some lines that you don't cross

Comment

Might have been in intonation, but I probably would have interpreted the "He's gay, you know?" As a defense of the guy. Like "Well, I mean, he is gay, it's not like it's that surprising he'd want to have sex with you, calm down."
          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
            Might have been in intonation, but I probably would have interpreted the "He's gay, you know?" As a defense of the guy. Like "Well, I mean, he is gay, it's not like it's that surprising he'd want to have sex with you, calm down."
            I interpreted it as "he's gay, so better watch out!" That's why I said what I said.

And protege, I don't know if that guy was the kind who doesn't take no for an answer, but it looks like my friend, the host, didn't want to take any chances and dumped him.

Comment

Originally posted by cindybubbles View Post
              And protege, I don't know if that guy was the kind who doesn't take no for an answer, but it looks like my friend, the host, didn't want to take any chances and dumped him.
              I hope you don't think I was calling you out. Not my intention.

However, I did know a guy like that in college. He would hit on anything that moved. Didn't matter who it was, or if he'd been told to "knock it off." He didn't care, and kept at it. Eventually, he made his comments in front of the wrong people, and they...dealt with him. He'd pissed off enough people, that they roughed him up one night.

Comment

Working...
              X