Being incapable of being an adult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being incapable of being an adult

I'm part of a writing site where I can privately post work (you have to be a member to see anything) and get it critiqued. The site runs on mutual exchange of critiques, so since I have completed draft of a novella I joined a group on the site known for generating crits and discussion on completed works in a timely fashion and giving great results for those involved.

My group under this group just exploded with drama

We're a new group, just formed to support Romance writers. The leader got permission to form her own group for this purpose.

We've just kicked her because she can't handled negative feedback. To the point of accusing another member of treating her (the leader) like she was a "5. y.o. slightly retarded child" in her crits.

If you can't handle negative feedback on your baby, why are you a group leader? And if you're not going to be adult about it, why would you put your work up for critique?? You have to accept not everything is going to agree with your vision, as hard as that is!

*sigh*
    I has a blog!

Ahahahaha, I know these people. Luckily I have not encountered one for a very, very long time. I have never done the online group thing but I think the equivalent is the person who wants to protest and explain why we're just not getting it wah wah wah, while everyone else is trying to give them feedback. STFU already. You're here to get better, or at least you should be. We're not your mommy who is going to pat your head and tell you 'it's good'. No one ever improved at anything without help.

Comment

Basically, yeah. The gal who got blasted was pointing out POV and flow issues. But the group leader hasn't wanted to hear anything bad about the POV...
      I has a blog!

Comment

Working...
      X