my rant for today.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my rant for today.....

.....is that many guys from a certain part of the world seem to have a bad attitude towards women from the U.S. , as if they're assuming we go online to look for men from other countries, and that we are impressed by/interested in vulgar sexual comments. (and many times, these guys don't seem to understand why their behavior is objectionable)

Just something I had to get off my chest, because I had such an incident this morning with a guy whom I'll call "Bart......we'd chatted a few times on Facebook, he seemed nice enough, but decided earlier this week that he was interested in being more than friends. (started calling me "sweetie", babbled about wanting to kiss me....in addition to asking nosy personal questions about my sex life)

And the sad thing was, "Bart" did NOT seem to understand why talking like that might not be appropriate, or that he was filling negative stereotypes about guys from his country.

Ugh.

I used to get these guys on ICQ and have had a couple try to hit me up on Skype.

Most of the time, it's a 'hi' followed immediately by going totally inappropriate... Some manage to act like decent people for a while before busting out the questions about clothing and interests... >_<
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I hated these when I was in chat rooms and whatnot.

Hi.
      Asl?
      Wanna cyber?

Comment

Originally posted by Tama View Post
        I hated these when I was in chat rooms and whatnot.

Hi.
        Asl?
        Wanna cyber?
        Oh god, it's 2001 all over again!

Comment

I know someone who has been posting some chats from people with really creepy messages on one of the dating sites. It's just bizarre how some people behave online. Some of them are probably pranksters and trolls, but another portion have probably listened to way too much Howard Stern and think this is actually a proper way to behave.

Back when my wife was online dating she'd get people who would ask her outright what her bra size was, or how often she exercises because they have some "concerns" seeing her photo. Certainly not as bad as some of the other things people say, but still unsettling.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
            Back when my wife was online dating she'd get people who would ask her outright what her bra size was
            An appropriate final comment (after adding the person to her twitlist) would be "Too small to fit you - you're the biggest boob I've ever encountered".

Comment

Originally posted by Tama View Post
              Asl?
              Old enough to know better / not as often as I'd like / In front of my computer.
              --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

I was just going to say, not only online, but yes, there's guys all over that seem to not care about letting all of their colors fly at one time. The problem is, some actually have enough patience to lead you on a bit and act like a normal human being, but once they shed that skin and their true pig form comes out, watch out.

And they have the nerve to get butthurt and start flinging insults at you when you don't want to talk about sex with them or meet with them for sex, or if they act all nice while you go on a date but then get all piggish at the end and want you to come over. Like you're some nun or something.

The male ego is pretty fragile, and the ones that are pigs, it's even more fragile I think.

Comment

Blas, why are you insulting the providers of delicious bacon by comparing them to these idiots?

Comment

Working...
                  X