New Guy at work, WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy at work, WTF

I have been working offshore where very few people are normal. Unless your family has been doing oil field work for generations. Most of us are either former military or convicted felons due to the being stuck at work for 7-21 days at a time in the Gulf Of Mexico, it takes a certain personality to deal with isolation.

The new guy is a special kind of fucked up in the head. He was transferred from another location because they didn't want him back after a week of him working there. I should have known it was going to be interesting when one of the first things he says to a group of the guys before we leave shore, "Best pussy I ever got was my first cousin"

Since then, he has added bits of the story like he would love to bang her again and we had 3 other people in a room at a remote structure waiting for a boat and he brings up the cousin again "I came in her so hard my ankles were shaking". Apparently "You ain't lived till you have split a black hole, black pussy some of the best pussy. Few other random stories when I talked to the location he was sent from, correspond to the random fucked up shit he has said here, except there some more fucked up shit he hasn't shared.

Also got word from others that he don't fucking like me, and I occasionally get that impression as well. I am being to think he has serious mental issues, outside of the fucking his cousin. Ie, Bi Polar or the like, he is nice to me and the next minute he mean mugging me. Heard from another coworker he don't like me because im an arrogant motherfucker.

Which started because he walked into my office( not shared with anyone), while I was on the phone and I told the person on phone just a min, looked at him and asked in a normal tone if he needed something. Apparently, he took great offense to me acknowledging his presence and said something along lines of me needing to mind my own fucking business.

..... Basically it took typing all this shit out to make me decide to call our company's office and ask them WTF they were thinking hiring this guy. I didn't even cover the part where he doesn't appear qualified to do electrical work and can't be left alone. I can deal with stupid people but the new guy is apparently unstable as all shit. Things been doing downhill at work where I can deal with working with unqualified or incompetent people, but I'm drawing the line when it comes to having to worry about physical fucking attacks.

The topics mentioned, if they are his preferred topics of conversation, seem to be skirting the edge of sexual harassment, at best.

Comment

Just an update, the new guy didn't get brought back for another hitch. Needless to say nobody was heart broken.

In response to Andrew, confirmed HR people outside of my company, by going into detail of sexual encounters there is no more blatant form of verbal sexual harassment which is what a figured. Another fun fact, if someone feels your sexually harassing them it is considered harassment regardless of the individual's intent.

Comment

I kind of figured. My school's sexual harassment policy had a line about publicly stated sexual fantasies as a form, and that's why I thought about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew B View Post
          The topics mentioned, if they are his preferred topics of conversation, seem to be skirting the edge of sexual harassment, at best.
          We have a vendor who *loves* to skirt that line. He's in his 50s, but thinks nothing of pestering our much-younger female employees. He gets away with it because our boss isn't around, and even if he was...he's smart enough not to say such things in front of people with enough clout to deal with him.

For example, years ago, we had an intern name Becky. She was cute and very sweet. Very nice to work with. Hell, had I not technically been her boss, I'd have asked her out. Anyway, the vendor came in to deliver some computer equipment. What should have been a 5-10 minute visit at the most...quickly turned into an hour. The vendor made a beeline for Becky's desk, and started to chat her up. Seriously? You're in your 50s, and trying to land someone half your age?

About halfway into his visit, Becky decided she'd had enough, and went to "lunch." That is, she'd gone to the deli around the corner. When she came back to the office, she slipped by Mr. Creepy, and was camped out in one of the conference rooms. That wasn't the only time he tried to hit on her. After his initial bout of "Creepy," he suddenly started showing up at random times.

As if that wasn't enough, I had to head over to Creepy's office one night, to pick up a repaired computer. I'm not even in the office 5 minutes, when the comments started. Creepy started going on about how "hot" Becky was, how "beautiful" she was (he wasn't wrong, but ewww!), the things he wanted to do to her (again, barf!), and then I tuned him out. I put the computer into my car, got the invoice, and got the fuck out of there.

The next day, I was in the uncomfortable position of telling Becky some of the things he said. I didn't go into graphic detail, but I did tell her that he'd said some inappropriate things, and that she should be careful. I also told her that if I knew when he was coming, I'd send her on "errands."

Oh, and it wasn't Creepy's first go-around with our female employees. When we were still in the same building (Creepy & Co had an office across the hall), he would hit on Sarah too. If he saw her through the window, he'd walk over and hit on her too. That is, until he found out she was 30. Then the comments stopped.

As far as I know, Creepy's behavior was well-documented. Both Becky and I had told our boss what had gone down. Why we still do business with him, I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
          X