renting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renting....

I hate renting; let me simply list why...

1: you’re paying off someone else’s property
    2: you’re paying for something YOU will never own
    3: If your unlucky enough to get a b**ch of a landlord like my Cousin, you may end up living in a sh**hole because the landlord is too damn lazy to fix things. OR the landlord does decide to fix things, but takes 3-8 months to DO so!
    4: If once again your unlucky enough to get a B**ch of a landlord you can be given three days notice to get out of the property because your lease is ending then and they want to sell
    5: If you have a nicer landlord you can be given the MINIMUM 3 weeks notice to vacate
    6: they can up the rent at the end of a lease because they can...and with the current "rental crisis" landlords are taking full advantage of that and are upping the rent to extremes!
    7: you’re basically living in an unstable environment because you are unsure whether or not you’re going to be able to live in the property for a few years, or a few months!
    8: with the amount you are spending on rent you might as well be paying of your OWN mortgage(s)..but it's so damn hard to get a loan! Especially as a student!
    9: you’re constantly scared whenever something breaks because you may loose your bond!
    10: it just sucks! but it's all I can do at this moment and that’s what sucks even more! I just hope soon I'll be able to stop renting and get my own place!
    11: if your sharing, your house mates could stiff you on the rent, and the only thing you can do is pay their share for fear of loosing the place!
    12: IF 11 happens, your on the contract and can’t get out of it till the lease ends!

anyone got any more to add?

13. Most landlords will only do the bare minimum so they cannot be sued for not following the law. Case in point: when my apartment flooded a few years ago. Had to threaten with suing for medical bills if carpet should mold and I got sick from it. (Flooding was landlady's fault. I'd been sick from mold and flooding before.)

14. If it's expensive, they won't do it. We had fires at our buildings last year. She promised to make the buildings secure, but as of this morning, the doors to the building were still open to anybody who wanted to come wandering.

15. She will find any BS reason to keep the deposit when you move because she's whiney about having to find another tenant. ESPECIALLY true if you move and buy a house from anyone other than her. (She's a realitor as well.)

Oh I could go on. Landlady and I do not get along.
    Thank you for flying Church of England, will you have cake or death? - Eddie Izzard

Comment

Rent is dead money - simple as that. You end up paying a huge quantity of interest to the lenders when buying, but you gain something for it and can live there, whereas with rent you can just live there.

Rapscallion
      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Raps, that's *exactly* why I didn't get an apartment when I moved out in September. After dealing with my cheapass parents (too cold winter, hot as hell in summer--too cheap to turn on the heat/AC) and their inability to take care of fixing things, I had enough.

Around here, I could have put the same amount of cash towards a house...rather than an apartment. Since it was roughly the same, why not? Plus, I can write off the interest against my income taxes. Another plus, is I can do whatever I want to the place, and not have to deal with some anal-retentive landlord if I want a green/polka-dotted wall.

Comment

Working...
        X