It Happened Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blas87 View Post

My little brother got another girl pregnant. His current girlfriend, that he's been with since last summer.
    My cousin knocked up his current girlfriend within a couple of weeks of meeting her. In his case, though, he flat out refuses to use condoms.

They now have two kids, but there's no sign of them getting married any time soon, either.

blas' example is, I think, why a good number of people say to wait until marriage before you have intercourse.

I think it's becoming less and less of a "moral" thing, and more and more of a "practical" thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
      blas' example is, I think, why a good number of people say to wait until marriage before you have intercourse. I think it's becoming less and less of a "moral" thing, and more and more of a "practical" thing.
      I have never heard that "advice" given outside of a religious context. You know why? Because it's a really ineffective method of birth control when you factor in the idea that people in a relationship will have urges and desires, and most normal people are going to act on those desires. The types of people who are given "wait until marriage" sexual advice are also usually the people who do not get taught anything about contraception, so that means that, once they get into a relationship where sex becomes a possibility and they give in to their desires, they are less likely to have safe sex, and more likely to end up in this situation. As to your example of the moron who refuses to use a condom... Do you think someone that irresponsible would actually wait for marriage?

Comment

Working...
      X