No announcement yet.

Whiny little sister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A small update to this: she hasn't planned her graduation party yet because the school hasn't scheduled graduation yet. Proper etiquette states that you have to send invitations out 6-8 weeks beforehand (I've gotten an earful about this from my grandmother, don't judge), and it's past that timeline now, so I'm wondering why the school board hasn't gotten in gear. It's not like they have to rent a location or anything, graduations are ALWAYS held on the football field.

Comment

Whatever the cuase is, it's frustrating and ridiculous. My mother can be a pushy, controlling bitch sometimes. I hate talking about important stuff because she'll go on tangent after tangent where she's effectively just insulting me. I understand why this is, she has severe stress issues, she has depression, she has anxiety as bad as mine but is worse at knowing how and where to vent. But it still sucks and I hate it and she's being unreasonable.
      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

There is belittling and tossing aside other people's feelings, and then there is a 17 year old girl thinking "me me me". What 17 year old girl wasn't like that at some point?

Some people truly believe everyone else is always stealing their thunder or out to get them. Most of us grow out of it by adulthood, but a few don't.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
          There is belittling and tossing aside other people's feelings, and then there is a 17 year old girl thinking "me me me". What 17 year old girl wasn't like that at some point?
          Someone's feelings aren't less valuable because they have a higher-than-usual cocktail of hormones swirling around, or because their brains are not fully developed yet. It's easier to dismiss someone as an idiot or a brat because they're young.

Besides, teenagers aren't immune to mental disorders, and psych diagnoses in general taper off in teenage years because parents tend to dismiss the symptoms as "Just kids being kids."

That said, there's nothing wrong with being upset about it. And while her sister might not be an idiot, I'm not going to jump down Ara's throat on being upset. Like I said, my mother can be controlling and has a tendency to go off on a tangent that will come down to "You'll never succeed, you suck!" I know this is because she's anxious about my problems, and was never taught how to redirect anxieties so you don't just explain them all to the person you're anxious about. It is just how she is. But I'm also quite upset about it. Because it may be "How she is." But how she is is hurting me. Ara's sister may have plenty of REASONS for acting like this, from psychological issues, to environment, etc etc etc. But either way, she is acting like it, and it is hurtful. You don't stop being hurt because you know the person has problems.
          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

She's at it again.

This time, it's because Hubs can't make it to her graduation. He's only allowed two days off a week and he's using those for our daughter's birthday, and her party. Graduation starts at 7 a.m. and goes until 11, while he has to be at work by 10:30. It's an hour drive from the venue to his job so he doesn't think it would be worth going to if he's going to leave halfway through. Not to mention, the graduation is going to be held outdoors and it's quickly getting into the 90s here, so he'd probably have to go home and shower, adding at least an extra half hour to it.

Little sister doesn't even like Hubs that much, so I don't know why his not being there will ruin it.

Comment

I'm bringing this back up because she's getting on my nerves again. I thought she'd finally matured out of it but I guess not.

I won some tickets to the local fair from my school. It's only two tickets so I thought Hubs and I would go, and since Little Ara gets in free, we could make it a family trip. Hubs wasn't really interested so I invited my mom, who lives farther away than she'd like and she doesn't get to see Little Ara much as a result. After asking me, she invited her fiance, realizing that they'd have to pay for the extra ticket. Not a huge deal, Little Ara gets to see her Grandma and Grandpa and we get to have fun at the fair. Then Older Little Sister found out and decided to see if she could get off work in time to meet us there. It may very well turn into a family event, which is actually really nice, we don't get together often enough.

Younger Little Sister, the one I've been complaining about in this thread, is throwing a fit because she can't go. She's the one who decided to go to college two hours away from the rest of the family, and she's the one who blows all of her extra money on tattoos and fish/aquariums/fish accessories so that when something does come up, she can't afford the gas to go.

Her latest Facebook message to me: "Why can't you just send me some gas money and pay for my ticket, and I'll pay you back on payday?"

Um, because I won these tickets in a drawing and barely have enough extra money (read as: not designated for bills) to maybe get Little Ara some cotton candy or a slice of pizza or something. Every single person who's going is paying their own way. My mom's paying for her own gas, her fiance is buying his own ticket, and Older Little Sister is paying for both her own gas and her own ticket. The only reason I don't have to pay anything (other than that snack for Little Ara) is because my mom's picking me up (I don't drive and I'm giving her my extra ticket so it's a fair exchange, IMO) and because I won the tickets.

If you want to go, put on your big girl panties and pay your own way like everyone else.

Comment

Working...
              X