Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who play baseball in crowded parking lots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who play baseball in crowded parking lots.

Just go to the park! Don't play baseball in a store parking lot on a Friday afternoon inbetween cars! That's how you get your ass kicked because you will hit someone's car.

I'd say you shouldn't play any ball game in a parking lot that isn't empty, actually. ( off the top of my head, I don't know of any ball game where there is no risk of hitting someone's car)

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
      ( off the top of my head, I don't know of any ball game where there is no risk of hitting someone's car)
      Ping pong? Although you might hit someone's car, it wouldn't cause any damage.

Comment

a) be careful in setting up the table
        b) I remember the pingpong bats occasionally going flying. Those WOULD do some damage
        c) I think it depends on how fast the ball is going. Considering I've been hit by balls fast enough to bruise...

Comment

Oh, I was thinking paddle ball could work in a parking lot.

Seriously though, baseball in a parking lot? Even if it was empty, unless it was parking to a jail I would be worried about breaking windows on the building.

Comment

There's a vacant supermarket I know of where it would just about work. Half the front is brick, and if you're pitching towards that, the glass would be out of a batter's range.

Something like Sam's Club, which doesn't have windows except for the door itself, would be better. And of course a park, if there is one, would be best anyway because of the lack of asphalt.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Wii sports are (mostly) safe for a parking lot. I'd rather play at home though.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragarthiel View Post
                Wii sports are (mostly) safe for a parking lot. I'd rather play at home though.
                right up until the remote goes flying, and causes the exact same problem. Along with the fact that now you need some form of generator, since I don't know of any battery-powered TV big enough to allow you to realistically play Wii Sports on it.

Comment

That's why I said "mostly."

Comment

Extension cord.
                    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                    X