No announcement yet.

"It's free so you can't complain."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest survey I've gotten was 250 points. I don't usually end up waiting for them to credit but if you're getting larger amounts, that might be why. Their Facebook page does codes and things that give you 5 here, 9 there, and right now they're going a team challenge. Team challenges require virtually no work, unless you want to.

I've been hearing about a 4000 point survey that required a married couple who both had Facebook accounts, and it was supposed to send an email to the spouse who didn't complete the first part so they could complete their part. Apparently, it hasn't been emailing spouses at all, and there wasn't a timeline given as to when it would happen so people are missing out on their $40. Swagbucks does reward higher values than most other sites I've seen, though. Usually, it's 10 points per survey, then at 1000 points, you get a $5 gift card. Swagbucks does 1 point=1 cent, so it's easy to calculate their rewards (1000-$10.00).

Disqualifications are a rule, sadly. It's only worth it for me because I can usually get about $1.50 a day and being a stay-at-home mom, I make nothing otherwise. I've learned to live with the disqualifications (they usually don't get past the age-household income-zip code part), and just check back regularly.

Back to the original topic, another free-but-you-can't-complain incident: my grandpa got a car from one of his friends for free. It needed a few repairs after sitting out in the garage for a couple years, untouched, but Grandpa said he'd let us have the car if we paid for the repairs. Well, we get it signed over (which took twice as much as we thought it would, and our tag office doesn't accept cards which is really really frustrating because we were withdrawing from savings which isn't hooked up to an ATM and the nearest bank was 40 miles away and we don't use checks for anything), and the repairs turn out to be twice as extensive and three times as expensive as we were told. So now we have a car that won't start sitting in our yard and we can't afford to put the insurance on it because we dug into that money to get the title transferred and start the repairs. We were quoted $250 by my grandpa's mechanic (who charges barely anything for labor), and expected $70 for the title transfer. Total bill so far? $500 and we're not even close to done. But the car was free, so we're stuck with it.

Comment

You know, with game sites and facebook games, my theory was always 'Maybe if they fixed their bugs, more people WOULD spend money on it'. In the past there were quite a few games where I would have gladly thrown down a few bucks to play but the game either ran way too slow or there were too many bugs and the developer didn't care.

As far as surveys, I used to do them a LOT a few years ago. There was one survey where I watched videos for OVER an hour and after it was all over, suddenly I was 'disqualified'.

Comment

I'm bringing this back up because my husband and I have been having problems today with a particular anime site. They have video ads that autoplay, and not the kind like they have on Youtube where they pause the video to play the ad or play the ad before the video. They're in their own separate box on the side of the page, and all day long, it has been:

*Watch 30 seconds of show*
        *Pause show because we can't hear it over 3 minutes of video ads that can't be muted or paused*
        *Watch 30 more seconds of show*
        *Pause show for 3 more minutes of ads*
        *Rinse and repeat*

It has been the same three or four ads all day long, and when we turn the actual video volume all the way up to max, all but one can be tuned out. It'll occasionally play the same ad over and over, just making it that much more annoying.

The worst part has to be that we're using our Xbox One, so there's no available ad blocker, and we can't find any other sites that have the full Naruto series, so we're stuck.

Comment

Gah, I hate autoplay audio ads. They are one of the greatest (non-criminal) evils found on the Internet.

That said, it's possible the site doesn't actually allow those but the ad service is sending them either because they suck or because the ads were changed after approval, and if you report the shit out of them, they might just go away.
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

And that's the reason I use ad-blocker.

Comment

Even when I'm not watching videos, the autoplay video ads can cause so much lag. I think my computer has crashed a couple of times because of them.

Comment

It's only the one ad box, but really, autoplay video ads are possibly the WORST idea for any video site!

Comment

And they scare the shit out of you when you aren't expected a video to play at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Tama View Post
                    And they scare the shit out of you when you aren't expected a video to play at all!
                    Almost as bad as those ones from several years ago that would yell "HEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!".

God those were annoying.

Comment

OH GOD I remember those. I used to frequent a Sims download site and the login bar was right above the ads...which lead to hearing a lot of HELLLOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Hero View Post
                        And that's the reason I use ad-blocker.
                        That's the reason I use it as well. I hate the ads on Youtube and other sites. They're intrusive and annoying. Why is it, that when I'm trying to look at a site...it usually gets held up because of some stupid ad?

Comment

Working...
                        X