A few things I am sick of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few things I am sick of

-People who can't keep secrets to save their lives. So many people I know just can't keep their mouth shut and end up blabbing things to their friends and family. I wouldn't mind this if it just happened once or twice, but it's become such a cliche in my family that you can't say anything without the whole damn family knowing about it.

-Interpreting things in the worst way possible. "I want some time to myself" becomes a personal attack against them. Deciding you don't want seconds is because you don't like they're cooking. Saying anything less than complete praise toward something means you think it's total crap. And then when you get annoyed by them making you out to be an asshole, they think you just said they are terrible people (and if they keep this crap up than yeah...)

-Alcohol induced assholery. Do I even need to explain this one? People lose all inhibitions when drunk. So nothing is stopping them from being insufferable assholes at best and reckless buffoons at worst.

People who can't be clear and concise, when they say something is broken or not working. Not working HOW.

Also people who talk a big game all the time and never DO anything, their whole life.

Slobs. Lazy ass people who can't clean up after themselves.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Parents who keep having children they do not want, yet will take absolutely no measures to stop this from happening. It's like, you imbeciles have to know what is causing that, right?

Comment

-People who say 'just get a job' when they have never been unemployed in their life.

-People who can't make a decision, even really simple ones like 'what kind of dip would you like?' For the love of all that is unholy make a fucking decision.

-People who accuse you of not caring when they can't be bothered to even respond to attempts to get in contact.

And I feel your pain about family not being able to keep a secret. Anything I tell either of my aunties will be known to all within 2 hours. They are now the last to be told anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
          -Alcohol induced assholery. Do I even need to explain this one? People lose all inhibitions when drunk. So nothing is stopping them from being insufferable assholes at best and reckless buffoons at worst.
          It's forgivable exactly ONCE- under the assumption you didn't know you are an asshole drunk- then I would generally expect you to avoid alcoholic drinks if you're an asshole drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ginger View Post
            -People who say 'just get a job' when they have never been unemployed in their life.
            That one makes me so red. The ones who assume that anyone who doesn't have a job is a lazy leech. You can only do so much, but until someone actually hires you, you're SOL.

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
            It's forgivable exactly ONCE- under the assumption you didn't know you are an asshole drunk- then I would generally expect you to avoid alcoholic drinks if you're an asshole drunk.
            Yeah. Unfortunately, these ones did not learn.

Comment

Yeah. Unfortunately, these ones did not learn.
              Well, you just have to remember that alcohol doesn't change how people are, it merely stops them from moderating their true nature.

So if they're assholes when drunk, then they're assholes when sober, they're just really good at not acting like assholes, for whatever reason.

*[there are, of course, exceptions]
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I have a very trivial thing I am sick of..LOL!!

-Soap Operas being full of bitches, sluts and whores who never get what's coming to them..or at the very least get the taste slapped out of their mouths!

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                  Well, you just have to remember that alcohol doesn't change how people are, it merely stops them from moderating their true nature.

So if they're assholes when drunk, then they're assholes when sober, they're just really good at not acting like assholes, for whatever reason.

True- but as long as they don't act like an asshole., I really don't care.

Comment

The weather channel website filled TO THE FUCKIN BRIM with clickbait! It I completely nonmobile friendly and my tablet loads it uberrrrr slowly!

Comment

-People who can't keep secrets to save their lives. So many people I know just can't keep their mouth shut and end up blabbing things to their friends and family.
                      I've run into this recently though I should have known better. Scary But Exciting Thing has happened and when I first found out about it, I panicked called my best friend looking for some moral support and advice. Frankly I was freaked out and needed someone to talk me down. I even prefaced the conversation with "Can you swear you won't tell anyone?" Now I've got people I know I didn't tell (and I know Mr Jedi didn't tell) asking me about The Thing. I'm alternating between annoyed and indifferent. Part of me should have known better because she can't keep a secret to save her life but I thought since I kept a similar secret for her, she could refrain. I'm not positive it was her since I told a few other people who would be affected by The Thing and who also apparently can't keep a secret. Which is my fault because I should have known better. Still I want to be like IT WASN'T YOUR THING TO TELL.

Comment

I disagree. There's a big difference between someone who thinks racist/politically incorrect things, and someone who outright says them. The person who doesn't say such things at least knows to an extent that what they are saying is wrong. However, the person who just spouts off what ever is on their mind either doesn't know they are wrong or doesn't care. (when people are drunk, it's usually the latter)

On another topic, I hate it when people just don't understand things and refuse to understand even when you explain things to them. This happens 90% of the time I try to explain social anxiety. What's worse is when they act like you're the one who's crazy or stupid when it is them who can't get it through their thick skull.

Comment

On another topic, I hate it when people just don't understand things and refuse to understand even when you explain things to them. This happens 90% of the time I try to explain social anxiety. What's worse is when they act like you're the one who's crazy or stupid when it is them who can't get it through their thick skull.
                          While this is frustrating as fuck when it happens; in many cases, it's not really their fault. Not only is anxiety of any stripe difficult for people who don't have it to get it, there's also a subset of humanity that just aren't capable of getting anything when explained to them verbally because that's not now they're wired.

It took me a long time to understand anxiety. And it took me just as long to understand people who required examples in order to process new information. Because both of those are alien to me and it took exposure to internalize them.
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Something my mom has done a few times this week, and which I'm getting sick of - getting frustrated/yelling at me for "not making any sense" when I give the "wrong" response to something.

She is well aware that I have hearing problems, and I know her hearing's probably not quite as good as it used to be, but I still feel she does NOT need to act like that.

Comment

While this is frustrating as fuck when it happens; in many cases, it's not really their fault. Not only is anxiety of any stripe difficult for people who don't have it to get it, there's also a subset of humanity that just aren't capable of getting anything when explained to them verbally because that's not now they're wired.

It took me a long time to understand anxiety. And it took me just as long to understand people who required examples in order to process new information. Because both of those are alien to me and it took exposure to internalize them.
                              While that's true, there reaches a point when you want to throttle them for insisting you do something that will make you uncomfortable. Even if they don't understand anxiety, they should at least understand that we are all different and what can be fun for one person can be torture for another.

Though it's not just anxiety, it's other things which don't take rocket science to understand. For instance, not wanting to go to a bad part of town or not wanting to eat something you're allergic to. Those who ask why when the explanation should speak for itself piss me off.

Comment

Working...
                              X