People ignoring the enviorment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People ignoring the enviorment.

I have finals this week, so decided to come to campus to study. In the building that I have my class in, there is a small little common area, that is usually very quiet. When I got here, there was one other person quietly studying, so a nice quiet place.

After a little while a guy come in sits down, and starts up a cell phone conversation on speaker phone with two others.

Then two more people come in and start talking in very loud voices.

This is not a quiet area, so some noise is expected, but I was raised to look at my environment, and try not to bother others. All semester studying in this area, I would take my phone class in the stairwell, and talked in quiet voices to minimize the disturbance of others.

I did hear the guy on speaker phone complaining to those on the phone about the others talking loudly in another language.

I keep my phone notification sounds down at work, and to some degree in public. But at home I let them fly. I was told by my ex that I needed to think of people around me and my environment. At home. My home, that I pay for.

Sorry, NO. It's the one place I can just enjoy having the damn sounds. They are there for a reason, and I like using them. If others in my house don't like it they know where the door is.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I agree for the most part with Telecom. My house my rules. However, I do show deference to those who split the rent with me, because they pay for it too.

Comment

I agree do what you want when you are home, I was mainly venting about someone coming into a common area on campus during finals week, seeing only two people there, obviously studying, and starting up a cell conversation on a very loud speaker phone mode.

Comment

Working...
        X