• Talon
    replied
    Lannister for President.

A Lannister always pays the National Debt

Leave a comment:

• Gravekeeper
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfie View Post
    With some of the candidates out there, Cthulu WOULD be the lesser evil.
    At least you know where Cthulu stands on the issues. ( Directly on top of them. Amidst all the screaming. ). ;p

Leave a comment:

• wolfie
    replied
    Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
    There's always the classic:

WHY VOTE FOR THE LESSER EVIL?

CTHULHU FOR PRESIDENT
    With some of the candidates out there, Cthulu WOULD be the lesser evil.

Leave a comment:

• Estil
    replied
    I think in most cases its more "get at least some/most of what I want" with this guy or "get little to nothing I want" with the other one.

Leave a comment:

• TheHuckster
    replied
    "Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos."

Leave a comment:

• Andara Bledin
    replied
    There's always the classic:

WHY VOTE FOR THE LESSER EVIL?

CTHULHU FOR PRESIDENT

Leave a comment:

• Hyena Dandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Tama View Post
    There are so many amusing memes for this sort of thing.

There was one for the 2004 election that had a picture of Jack Skellington that went, "With choices like these, you're better off dead!"
    Beth Ross 2016. Are you ready to #Everything?

Leave a comment:

• Tama
    replied
    There are so many amusing memes for this sort of thing.

There was one for the 2004 election that had a picture of Jack Skellington that went, "With choices like these, you're better off dead!"

Leave a comment:

• jedimaster91
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
    Both Sides Are Bad So Vote Republican(tm) Megatron.
    Fixed for my amusement.

Leave a comment:

• Gravekeeper
    replied
    Both Sides Are Bad So Vote Republican(tm)

Leave a comment:

• Estil
    replied
    Take it from someone who has pretty much voted Republican all my life (though I usually only do Pres/Congress/Senate elections; I don't really do local level politics that much) and of course I voted against Obama both times. I honestly don't buy any of this "Obama is evil/Satan/Communist/etc" stuff and consider it just as silly/ridiculous as those far left activists who drew Hitler mustaches on Bush and was calling him a war criminal and so on. Not to mention when they celebrated Margaret Thatcher's death with Ding Dong the Witch is dead and singing Nah Nah Nah Hey Hey Goodbye to Bush at Obama's inauguration (doing that sort of thing at a campaign rally is one thing but for a serious solemn ceremony like an inauguration that and celebrating someone's death just because you don't like his/her political views is going way too far).

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't want to end up like those radical Bush haters towards Obama. I don't see eye to eye on the political issues for the most part and I found him horribly unqualified to be President (only a fraction of a term each in the Senate and state legislature, and he voted "Present" most of the time). But I honestly don't think he's a bad guy or anything exactly. As it is often said after an election, your political opponent(s) are not your enemies.

Leave a comment:

• s_stabeler
    replied
    to say nothing about the fact that quite a few problems can be explained by the fact thta opponents of the ACA have at every turn, etiher tried to defy provisions of the ACA, or to resist it. ( For instance, the problems with the federal exchange. Originally there wasn't supposed to be a federal exchange, but several states refused to set one up. It's why it was such a shambles: it had to be set up at relatively short notice for such a massive project. ( for such a massive project, it should really have been developed over 2 or 3 years- with one of those years being dedicated to testing it to see if it can cope with the load expected.) To give another example, Medicare was supposed to be expanded to cover people who earned too little to be able to reasonably afford insurance even with the exchanges. Nope, several states refused to do it. ( EVEN THOUGH the bill was being FULLY paid by the federal government. The states literally just had to sign off on the increase.)

not to mention the continued uncertainly caused by the Repblicans constant efforts to repeal it.

Oh, it isn't perfect- but the trouble is, if the ACA was overhauled at the moment, Republicans would seize the opportunity to gut it. Unfortunately, it will have to wait until it can be truly reformed- rather than returned to the previous system.

Leave a comment:

• Gravekeeper
    replied
    Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
    I'm pretty sure most of those problems are more related to greed in the medical industry than the ACA (I refuse to call it Obamacare because it's a freaking dogwhistle and I'm talking to people, not dumb animals).
    ^. You can't tell me this is the ACA's fault and there's nothing going on at the state, municipal or hospital level that's conflating these problems.

You would be treating these people one way or another to begin with. If you were not treating them preventatively before then you were treating them on an emergency basis ( at vastly greater expense ).

Leave a comment:

• jedimaster91
    replied
    ^ Some, yes. But not all. It exacerbated an already existing problem. And the ACA still doesn't address the vast amounts of waste and unnecessary procedures. I mean really, this patient is symptomatic and you've (you = doctor) found the problem. You don't need 3 other tests to tell you what you already know. And yet you ordered them anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Andara Bledin
    replied
    I'm pretty sure most of those problems are more related to greed in the medical industry than the ACA (I refuse to call it Obamacare because it's a freaking dogwhistle and I'm talking to people, not dumb animals).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X