Hashtagging everything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hashtagging everything.

This is one thing I hate. It seems like EVERYTHING these days has a hashtag of some sort.

I'm not on most social media (though I do have a Twitter account). But the whole idea of hashtagging everything is just flat-out dumb to me.

It's annoying to me when people use hashtags on Facebook and other non-Twitter websites. If I wanted Facebook to be Twitter, I'd use Twitter.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I've only used a hashtag once, and that was for a contest held on Twitter, and I RARELY ever use Twitter to begin with. It just feels awkward to me to @ or # anything unless I'm censoring a curse word.

However, I do enjoy this.

Comment

I avoid hashtags if at all possible.

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
          #IHateHashtags
          FTFY. :

Comment

Originally posted by dendawg View Post
            FTFY. :
            LOL!! Damn you!!

Comment

I totally understand, and frequently use, hashtags. And not just on Twitter.

Sure, there are a lot of unnecessary hashtags usages out there, but on the big social media sites like Facebook and Instagram, it really allows you to use a network of people in a different way than you usually would. Suddenly you can aggregate content based on specific tags, which means that you have access to a huge amount of people/stuff you might be interested in. It also allows other people to find YOUR stuff, which can be super helpful, even in everyday life.

It really is a part of using social media to its maximum potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                It's annoying to me when people use hashtags on Facebook and other non-Twitter websites. If I wanted Facebook to be Twitter, I'd use Twitter.
                Most of the time that's because they're posting from Twitter. I have my Twitter account set to also post to my Facebook wall, for example.

The funny part, though, is Twitter doesn't need a hashtag to know what's trending and/or connected; it's mostly so the humans gather under the same banner.
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The only hashtag I've used in recent history was as a joke. "#browns"

Comment

I've used it once or twice. In my opinion it can serve the same purpose as * used to. Let me demonstrate.

Let's say in the 90s I'm chatting with you about some cute guy and I go: *swoon*

Nowadays it would probably be more like #swoon

So there is that. I don't hashtag everything though.

Comment

It was really useful once upon a time to aggregate content of social media. Then the joke hashtags started running everything.

Comment

Working...
                      X