Not seeing the entire picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not seeing the entire picture

*Not inspired by anything in particular, and my brother and his wife are lovely people, this is just one of my few gripes with them, and it's not something I know how to bring up....just need to get this off my chest*

To "Jeff" and "Rachel" - I know you guys see Mom as a great, wonderful person, and she DOES have many positive qualities. I also know that Heather (my daughter) has some issues, and that since Mom has helped raise her, you guys have some opinions and would be more inclined to take Mom's side. However, I would like to remind you of a few things:

- when Mom is around you guys, she doesn't show her grumpy/whiney side. You aren't hearing the mean and inappropriate personal comments she sometimes makes, or how negative she can be.

- your girls are both under 3 years old. That's a lot different from parenting a teenager.

- I remember very well what it was like to be Heather's age, and feeling like you had to hide your interests and be someone you weren't in order to fit in with the family. That's NOT fun, and it's one reason Heather doesn't want to be around the family as much.

Might I suggest reddits Raised by narcissists? (A blanket term, in this subreddits case)

Narcs are good at hiding their nastiness from others. I cant type much ATM as I am mobile but I'd bet you'd feel right at home there.

I know how you feel, though, I'll add that. Both sides of my family (my dad and my husband's mom) are full of negative people who excel at not showing the nasty person they really are to nonfamily.

Comment

Working...
    X