I hate selfie sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate selfie sticks

I hate the damn things. Not just cuz they're narcissistic and look ridiculous, but they make people even more self absorbed than they already are. Like the stupid bitch who jabbed me with her selfie stick while I was in a queue. I grabbed it out her hands and told her that if she jabbed me with it one more time, I'd snap it over my knee. Her response was to just stare cluelessly at me, as if I'd somehow offended her by being there. Um, hello, bitch, I've been here all the time, in the queue, in front of you. Just cuz you're so stupid you feel the need to validate yourself by taking a selfie of yourself queuing, does not mean that you have the right to ignore everyone else.

Oh, and Mother Nature hates selfie sticks, too: http://androidcommunity.com/selfie-s...ales-20150708/
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

You don't hate selfie sticks; you hate the self-absorbed Narcissistic twats who are almost the entirety of their user base.

Like the guy who tried to use on on the roller coaster California Screaming at Disney's California Adventure. >_< I think he lost his camera in that stunt, and it serves him right.

The sticks themselves can be pretty handy, but only when used by people who realize they share their locale with other human beings... >_>
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
      You don't hate selfie sticks; you hate the self-absorbed Narcissistic twats who are almost the entirety of their user base.
      Yup.

I hate the trend of morons using selfie sticks, because it gives the rest of us a bad name. I have been using a selfie stick for over five years, and as a photographer, it has helped me to capture some amazing shots I never would have been able to get otherwise. But I bring it out so rarely now because of the deluge of morons who have given it a bad name. It's unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post

Like the guy who tried to use on on the roller coaster California Screaming at Disney's California Adventure. >_< I think he lost his camera in that stunt, and it serves him right.

The sticks themselves can be pretty handy, but only when used by people who realize they share their locale with other human beings... >_>
        I just got back from Disney World where there were several reminders, both on signs, and verbal, that selfie sticks were banned from Disney parks and Downtown Disney.

I'm assuming this is exactly why.
        "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
        We are contented, because he says we are
        He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Six Flags Magic Mountain (and, presumably, all the other Six Flags parks) just sent out a monthly "news" letter that included an announcement that Selfie Sticks are banned in the park from now on, and if you've got one, just leave it in the car.

Comment

Just to show how old I'm getting and out of touch with modern tech I am (my wife back in the day was into the "latest gadgets" while I love retro tech way more; I may do a topic about this at some point)...I actually had to google image just to find out what a selfie stick is. And I thought people being way too attached to their phones all the time was annoying and silly...

Comment

Working...
            X