Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been nearly 20 years...pull your damn pants up already!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been nearly 20 years...pull your damn pants up already!!

Yes, I am sad to say that at least as far back as my high school days (late 90s) way too many morons think it's "cool" to sag their drawers. And wouldn't you know it? Many even almost 20 years later not only still do so, but some even let their boxers show!! I pass by a cheap motel/apartments place on the way to and from walking to the local grocery store in case you're wondering exactly where.

Now listen, I know I'm already 35 but I don't want to feel like some nagging ol' ninny or something. I mean c'mon, I still love my games (retro; 3rd-6th gen; take a guess why), I'm also into baseball/football cards, I'm a big Snoopy fan (got all the Complete Peanuts books), I've always thought of myself as a live and let live kind of guy. Sure I don't "get" a lot of modern pop culture/music (I honestly wouldn't know Justin Beiber if I heard him sing on the radio, for example), and I would be the first to applaud how we've moved more and more towards a culture where people are not afraid to be individuals and to say, "to hell with trends/Hollywood/etc".

But all of that being said...all I really ask is two things. One the "reality show" genre actually live up to its name and not be as fake and choreographed as wrestling. And please in the name of all that is holy, I wish way too many young men would pull up their damn drawers already! Sheesh...
    Last edited by Estil; 08-01-2015, 12:52 AM.

I wonder what the reason is that THAT of all things turned out to be lasting. I graduated high school in 1992, and people were doing it then too.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I know but I LOVED (still do) girls with REALLY huge/tall hair/bangs from that time period. It looked so glamorous Why couldn't that one had stuck around...? But nooooo, we have to have dudes who think it's "cool" to show off the top half of their boxers :?

Comment

I like telling the ones that have to waddle to keep them up without holding them up that they look like a toddler with a full diaper... >_>
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

One of my brother's friends was a saggy pants person. That is until he got nothing but belts and depends for 4 years on birthdays and Christmas. I think he ended up with nearly 100 belts. Even though it been a few years now, he still gets shit for it.

Anytime anyone's pants start drifting down, all someone has to say is 'depends' and the pants are pulled up properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Estil View Post
            I know but I LOVED (still do) girls with REALLY huge/tall hair/bangs from that time period. It looked so glamorous. Why couldn't that one had stuck around…?
            I have to admit I'm rather enamored of that style, too, enough that the devil-girl character I (poorly) draw sports "buzz saw" bangs that are as big as her face. What originally started off as a few thick strands just kept getting bigger and bigger…X3

Originally posted by Blue Ginger View Post
            One of my brother's friends was a saggy pants person. That is until he got nothing but belts and depends for 4 years on birthdays and Christmas. I think he ended up with nearly 100 belts.
            At least he'd be prepared for an infamous Dungeons & Dragons cosplay.
            "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

It's one fashion trend I've never understood. It's never looked cool. It's not going to help you pick up women. I mean, who wants to go home with a guy who is so dumb he doesn't know how to use a belt?
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

It's supposed to make them look tough.

It doesn't, of course, but then again, when has fashion ever made much sense?
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Wasn't there a scene from Cops or something where a fleeing suspect was caught because he tripped over his sagging drawers? hee hee

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                    It's supposed to make them look tough.

I thoroughly enjoyed t-shirt, baggy jeans, and skater shoes. And it was comfy so it made sense.
                    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Estil View Post
                      Wasn't there a scene from Cops or something where a fleeing suspect was caught because he tripped over his sagging drawers? hee hee
                      I once watched a saggy-drawers gangsta try to fare-jump--seeing him clear the turnstile was impressive enough. Transit cop sees him and gives chase, buddy makes a mad dash for the train pulling out, and...

You can probably guess the rest. The track isn't level with the platform at the station in question, so I'm very surprised he didn't fall in.
                      "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                        It's one fashion trend I've never understood.
                        From what I understand, it comes from prison society, where having your pants sagging meant you were... "available," if you know what I mean.

Comment

And this makes it appealing how...?

Comment

Originally posted by Aragarthiel View Post
                            From what I understand, it comes from prison society, where having your pants sagging meant you were... "available," if you know what I mean.
                            This myth again?

http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosexuality/sagging.asp

Comment

I like telling the ones that have to waddle to keep them up without holding them up that they look like a toddler with a full diaper...
                              They should take another tip from toddlers and use safety pins

Fashion, though, goes out of style on a regular basis, which puts this back at how it hasn't.
                              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                              X